replacing light "bulbs" with LED's - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2022, 07:17 PM   #21

Name: Ted
Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16'
Colorado
LED light bulbs

I replaced all of our inside lights with LEDs. You can search on Amazon or EBay and find many 1156 & 1157 LED replacement bulbs available, that fit in your original fixtures. They draw a fraction of the energy the original bulbs do, so your Scamp battery will last much longer. I also replaced our Scamp taillights and side-marker lights with LEDs as they are much brighter. It's been several years since I've done this, so I can't recommend any particular brands, so I would just look for positive reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusB View Post
Good morning! I am wondering if someone can advise as to what LED light bulbs (not fixtures/housings) I can buy to replace the exisiting 1156/1157 bulbs for our 1973 Trillium 1300 trailer? Specifically, I am looking to replace all of the taillight bulbs and marker light bulbs. Are these available on Amazon.ca? (I know I saw a post on here somewhere where specific bulbs were suggested but can't seem to find it now?)

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Also-when I have been looking at LED's on Amazon.ca, this info is often stated: NOTE- when using LED bulbs for turn signal, you may need to use load resistor or decoder set to prevent hyper flash or bulb malfunction. Am i looking at the wrong LED's as most of them seem to be for the interior?
Tedster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:20 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
when buying generic LEDs look for the ones that are regulated, they might say they are for 9-30 VDC, something like that, and they might also say they are for 10-18VAC (which means they are polarity do-not-care, which can help on older RVs who's light sockets could be wired with either polarity). these won't flicker when your power converter goes through its charging modes and when other loads switch on and off, while the unregulated ones, which simply have a load resistor, will.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:23 PM   #23

Name: Ted
Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16'
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
when buying generic LEDs look for the ones that are regulated, they might say they are for 9-30 VDC, something like that, and they might also say they are for 10-18VAC (which means they are polarity do-not-care, which can help on older RVs who's light sockets could be wired with either polarity). these won't flicker when your power converter goes through its charging modes and when other loads switch on and off, while the unregulated ones, which simply have a load resistor, will.
Good to know!
Tedster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #24

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
i probably should add, I'm kinda sensitive to flickering lights, I see them, and they annoy me.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light