restoring 1974 scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #1

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Scamp
FL
restoring 1974 scamp 13

Hello All, I am new to this forum. I am the new owner of a 1974 Scamp 13, and planning restoration of the trailer. It seems to be fairly watertight, but with a few possible leaks around the windows. It doesn't appear that the window seals have ever been replaced. I am planning to remove the two plexiglass windows and put new beading and lockstrip in. Then I plan to remove all the other windows and replace the putty. After that I will tackle the roof vents.

Does that seem like a good plan? I am fairly experienced with travel trailers, but this is my first fiberglass one.... I'd love to hear any input.

Thanks!!

Melanie
melanieed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #2

Name: will
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wyoming
Sounds like a good start to me. When you have the side windows out it would be good to replace the seals in them. You can find info in the care and feeding area. Good luck and have fun! Will
Wyowill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp