Reverse lights dont work on the back of trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
This Scamp 5th wheel is my first trailer and I dont know if my reverse lights on the back of the trailer should work or not. I did notice on the back of the trailer brake lights it does have a small rectanguler clear portion that looks like it should be a reverse light. Should they work in reverse? Do yours work? Also after looking at the 7 pin wiring diagram here in the documents section it doesnt seem to have a wire for reverse unless for some reason it is Auxilary wire. Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
This Scamp 5th wheel is my first trailer and I dont know if my reverse lights on the back of the trailer should work or not. I did notice on the back of the trailer brake lights it does have a small rectanguler clear portion that looks like it should be a reverse light. Should they work in reverse? Do yours work? Also after looking at the 7 pin wiring diagram here in the documents section it doesnt seem to have a wire for reverse unless for some reason it is Auxilary wire. Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Scamp wires the center auxilary to the backup lights. Mine work great.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Do yours work? Also after looking at the 7 pin wiring diagram here in the documents section it doesnt seem to have a wire for reverse unless for some reason it is [b]Auxilary wire.
The reverse lights are wired up through the "Auxilary" pin, #7, the big round center pin.

Most trailers haven't been equipped with reverse lights until just recently.

I hooked mine up myself to make mine work. I had to tap into the reverse light wire at the lighting connector inside the left rear quarter panel of my minivan to activate the proper connector pin on my tow vehicle's back bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
passing_side.jpg  
Old 08-22-2006, 03:28 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
I spent 6 hours starting the rewire project on my Boler yesterday and the wire diagram is same as a Scamp and yes, the Aux wire (yellow) is used for the back-up lights
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Great folks, thanks so much again for the updates!!!

Quote:
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, lights