Roamer Truck Camper - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-24-2018, 08:37 PM   #1

Name: aj
Trailer: Roamer TC
Georgia
Roamer Truck Camper

I may be the only Roamer here. Anyone else have a Roamer Truck Camper?
Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:41 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500, 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
welcome!

AJ, welcome to the forum! Never seen a Roamer. Is yours like the one in this link?

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...roamer-camper/

Can you show us some pics?

John
Old 12-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #3

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Just looked at the link. Avery sleek looking, very molded fiberglass looking trailer. Glad to see that here. Some pics would definitely be in order. And welcome to the forum.

Walt

PS: Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:06 AM   #4

Name: Doug
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16, 2011 RAV4 V6
California
Awesome looking camper. I think I want one.
Doug in Sacramento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
Looks like a very well thought out design for a truck camper.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #6

Georgia
The truckcampermagazine is literally the one I bought. Some Eternabond tape on the roof is all it took to fix the leak. The dealer had used duct tape in places and the aluminum eternabond type tape, but applied it wet, so glad I took it off to get the moisture out or I would have had rusted-through bolts and screws. Dont trust dealers….
The roof is a foam sandwich, but the rest is not, just hollow cavities, so maybe one day I will fill it in.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #7

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
The truckcampermagazine is literally the one I bought. Some Eternabond tape on the roof is all it took to fix the leak. The dealer had used duct tape in places and the aluminum eternabond type tape, but applied it wet, so glad I took it off to get the moisture out or I would have had rusted-through bolts and screws. Dont trust dealersÖ.
The roof is a foam sandwich, but the rest is not, just hollow cavities, so maybe one day I will fill it in.
Still chasing a few leaks. The fridge area leaks. The outer lower access door slants, the whole wall slants in, and there is nothing there to stop water from rolling in. I will fix this soon.
Front window leaks. Need to find plexiglass.
The fridge roof port leaks, again, more poor repair from the dealer or whoever. Lat sealant is so cheap, not sure how it never got used. Probably just the screws leaking as they are exposed.

I am finding in short time that fiberglass camper owners never need to become experts on RV repair. I had a HILO, and that forum is full of professional to expert do-it-yourselfers by necessity. I had to tear mine down to bones in places to make repairs, I dont see having to do this with Roamer
Old 12-29-2018, 02:33 AM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamer View Post
I am finding in short time that fiberglass camper owners never need to become experts on RV repair.
Wellllll, some become experts but for a different reason, mostly mods. Don't think you'll find too many stick owners replacing an axle or frame from old age, not to mention the floor from leaks. By the time their floor is bad so are the walls but on the other hand the frame and axle should still be fine . In reality, all RVs do the same overall thing. The FG shell just allows for many 30-40 y/o units to still be on the road making memories for folks.
BTW, welcome to FGRV and that's a nice looking slide in. Do post pics as you do your mods.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote