Rock Chip Protection - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #21

Name: Happy Vongole
Trailer: Surfside
Alberta
Rock guard applied! Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I went with the Endura Impact-321. Much like any type of trailer painting the masking was the biggest and most time consuming task! This product was very easy to apply (make sure you are properly masked as there is a bit of overspray) and turned out pretty good. I was quite pleased with the both the product and the straight forward application.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5892.jpg   IMG_5893.jpg  

IMG_5889.jpg   IMG_5890.jpg  

Happy Vongole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:53 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Happy Vongole, great job! Looks like a durable coating.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #23

Alberta
Opps. I also meant to send a picture of the product and the spray gun that you need (super affordable - $17).

...sorry. I don't know why my photos keep uploading on their side. I am not sure how to rotate them in this forum.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5877.jpg  
Old 09-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #24

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Great thread and beautiful results. I may do something similar now that I see the possibilities. I can only hope for the outcome you all have achieved. Of course I will have to apply the stuff THEN tell my wife it has been done. If she finds out my intentions before hand she will never allow me to even get close to the trailer....
Old 09-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vongole View Post
...sorry. I don't know why my photos keep uploading on their side. I am not sure how to rotate them in this forum.

Move your photos to any photo processing app. Rotate them and "save as" under a new name. That will strip the coding from the smartphone and they will appear correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 11.32.13 AM.jpg  
Old 09-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Vongole View Post
Opps. I also meant to send a picture of the product and the spray gun that you need (super affordable - $17).

Where did you find this stuff? At an auto paint store?
Jerry Laskody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:51 PM   #27

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Move your photos to any photo processing app. Rotate them and "save as" under a new name. That will strip the coding from the smartphone and they will appear correctly.
Thanks Glenn! Much appreciated. Now I’ll know what to do when I post fully painted pics!
Old 09-04-2020, 06:55 PM   #28

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Laskody View Post
Where did you find this stuff? At an auto paint store?
Hello Jerry. I got it from Endura Paint. They specialize in industrial coatings. They have several lines of paint that are worth checking out. I am most likely going to get my colour top coat from there as well.

https://www.endurapaint.com/
Old 11-11-2020, 01:04 PM   #29

Name: Geoff
Trailer: Casita
TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner outperforms Herculiner Bed Liner, Duplicolor and Rustoleum Road Warrior

I used this product and was very pleased. If you want an off white color, you need a container of white pigment and a container of one of the tan colors. You need only a small amount of the tan but will use the entire white color. Two coats are necessary and you'll need to split the product into two containers for the first and second coats. Also split the hardener into two containers. Only add hardener when you are ready to apply the coating.
Hey Jack did you use this for the full exterior? I've got a 1986 16' Casita. Restoring it and eventually repainting. Considering something like this.
TexasTough is offline   Reply With Quote