Roof top A/C for 13' Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Does anyone out there know how much weight the 13' Boler can support? Mine had a simple vent with no fan. I'd like to know what my best option would be. A Fantastic Fan, or an A/C of some kind. I plan to use it in all climates. I appriciate all the help and advise you can give me.
Fred B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
Does anyone out there know how much weight the 13' Boler can support? Mine had a simple vent with no fan. I'd like to know what my best option would be. A Fantastic Fan, or an A/C of some kind. I plan to use it in all climates. I appriciate all the help and advise you can give me.
I just took off an older AC unit off my Boler 13ftr. The previous owner was from Florida and must have needed it but here in Maine I do not.
The unit, weighed about 100lbs and did sag the roof as there was no added support put into it, as others suggested on this site, if you were to do this.
I now have a regular vent and small fan like used in bathrooms on larger RV's because I had it on hand but if I were to do it all over again I would go with the Fantastic fan.
They move so much more air and are alot quieter.
Gerry
PS The sag didn't come out of the roof after taken AC unit off so I may still need to put a support in to take sag out.
No leaks so we'll see.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Hi Gerry,
Thanks for letting me know about that 100 lb A/c.
I've not seen any unfavorable reports on the Fantastic fan
so I'll probably take that route. Thanks again.
Fred B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler