Rotten Floor in 13ft Boler need Advice - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

Name: Russ
Trailer: 1972 & 1978 Bolers 13ft
Alberta
Rotten Floor in 13ft Boler need Advice

Hi All,
I have recently purchased 1978 13ft boler. From what I can tell, water had been leaking in through a the window in the door. As a result the plywood floor is completely rotting and molding.

I've ripped out the old plywood and lino. Now I plan to lightly scrub the fiberglass to remove the black mold.

When I replace the plywood floor there in no place to screw it down, is this normal? The old plywood only had 4 screws by the door. No screws were found in the area in front of the fridge.

Anyone replace their floor and have advice?

Cheers
Russ
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3068.jpg   IMG_3070.jpg  

IMG_3057.jpg  
Rusty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler
We have done that. Don't have any pictures though. Thankfully, the middle part where your damage is, was the easiest of the areas (our whole back was rotten). I don't think we had to cut it out, but I really don't remember. When we replaced it, we used marine grade plywood and coated the bottom of it with fiberglass resin before putting it in. Didn't even need to take cabinets out. It looks and sounds much worse that it really is to do. You can do it!!
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
If your FG subfloor is in good shape and clean, use construction adhesive to glue your plywood to the FG. To pull the plywood snug, no reason you can't use screws from the bottom up... That is, a few discreet stainless steel machine screws (and washers) through the FG and into the plywood. Coating the underside and edges of your ply with resin is a good idea.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler