Rough-edged fiberglass in cubbies - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-08-2017, 05:22 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp- View Post
Just put the vinyl edges moldings on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggonehappy1 View Post
Not sure what that is?
I believe he is referring to the trim molding Scamp puts on the cut edges around the cabinet openings. They would also be a bit rough if left unfinished.
This is the product: https://www.scamptrailers.com/parts-...ce-detail.html

But it doesn't help with flat surfaces inside the cabinets. Best wishes getting it figured out and have a wonderful trip!

BTW- I am a Maryland native (Harford County), but I've been in Arizona for 33 years now.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #22

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I believe he is referring to the trim molding Scamp puts on the cut edges around the cabinet openings. They would also be a bit rough if left unfinished.
This is the product: https://www.scamptrailers.com/parts-...ce-detail.html

But it doesn't help with flat surfaces inside the cabinets. Best wishes getting it figured out and have a wonderful trip!

BTW- I am a Maryland native (Harford County), but I've been in Arizona for 33 years now.
that's what my 2014 scamp has. Once in awhile a section will fall off when you are getting something out. Thought about putting some epoxy glue in there in spots to hold the top ones in. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I wouldn't, Carl, because it yellows over time and you'll probably want to replace it at some point. Some kind of non-permanent sticky stuff would be better.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #24

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
If it is just the cut edges of the fiberglass you want protection from that is an easy fix. Purchase the vinyl edge trim that gets used around the edges of automotive doors on cars and trucks. I bought a big roll of it to put around the cut edge of the belly band on my Campster. It already has a sticky adhesive strip inside of it so that no other glue is needed to hold it in place.

It cost a lot less to purchase it from Ebay if you need quite a lot of it. My order was shipped direct from China and the product was of very high quality.

Below are the Ebay keywords for what I bought. I was specifically looking for the color black but for the fiberglass interior cabinets you will most likely want the clear or silver color. You can purchase this product locally in auto parts stores but it will cost you a lot more than the Ebay pricing. I paid around $12.00 with free shipping for a 20 foot roll.
Slip On Auto Car Door Edge Guard Black Molding Trim Protectors Strip 20ft
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote