Rusty Fridge Shelf Fix - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captleemo View Post
What if you went to the local home building center and bought some plexiglass and cut it to fit over the various shelves. Sort of like having a piece of glass cut to go on top of a new coffee table or dresser drawer to protect the finish.
The down side to covering the shelves is you stop the air flow which would probable not be a good thing if this is a RV absorption fridge.

The beer might not get cold!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #22

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
Interesting thread. Just a note: I have some limited experience with plasti-dip. It peels off very easily. I've only used it for a battery tray and some engine brackets, but it's real popular with the "tuner" import car kids as a TEMPORARY paint job. As in peel it off later when you get tired of the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Martins HeirCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins HeirCon View Post
Interesting thread. Just a note: I have some limited experience with plasti-dip. It peels off very easily. I've only used it for a battery tray and some engine brackets, but it's real popular with the "tuner" import car kids as a TEMPORARY paint job. As in peel it off later when you get tired of the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
I worried about that, Glenn. While easy to reverse, it does not sound like it would last too long.

I am leaning towards cleaning and etching, and using the left over white Appliance Epoxy. It too could be cleaned for powder coating if needed at a later date. We'll see.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #24

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Casita 13
California
hello. The powdercoating places sandblast the pieces before spraying and baking. If you are not in too much of a hurry you can wait until they are doing a particular color that you are looking for and probably get a better price. I have only used a place once for an automotive project a while back and the result was great and not " bank breaking ". If you need to match a color then it can get pricey from the info I got. Worth looking into ? A phone call or a couple. Prices vary as to how popular they are and how much they think of themselves. Places that do motorcycles are more used to small pieces than a place that does only wheels/rims. Keep us posted
olderishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #25

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
Naval Jelly in paint dept @ wal,mart or most auto parts places,take a acid brush to the rust is starting it will stop-great product,
my 2 cents.
sparky1
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge