RV Ins Carrier in Massachusetts? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 08:22 AM   #1

Name: michelle
Trailer: shopping
Massachusetts
RV Ins Carrier in Massachusetts?

Hi - I am starting the process of looking for a small FGRV. I wanted to get an idea of the ins cost before I commit to something. I cant find a carrier that covers MA. Anybody else in MA insured? Who wrote it? What does it run you? Thanks Michelle
Michelle M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Never heard that as a problem. Who insures your tow vehicle?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #3

Massachusetts
Gieco insures my Jeep. They dont carry RV in MA, neither does progressive nor a few of the RV specialty carriers I tried. Are you in MA?
Old 08-19-2015, 09:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmm... I'm in California and, as far as I know, both Gieco & Progressive cover towed trailers and RV's for the liability part here, but I don't know about collision or declared value.

In CA I have Allstate, and they cover both liability and my declared value for collision ins. on my 1973 Hunter Compact-II.

You might contact a new RV dealership and find out who they insure new sales through. They are sure to have collision etc. because most RV's are purchased on contracts for up to 20 years and the bank will demand collision & fire coverage.

When mine is parked at home, primary loss & theft coverage comes from my homeowners ins.

Let us know what you find out.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #5

Massachusetts
I did what you suggested... This is the reply I got.

"Commerce, Liberty Mutual, Amica, etc... insure recreational vehicles in Massachusetts. You mentioned the two that don't."

and

"I asked my finance department and they said to try Foremost Insuance. https://www.foremost.com/quote/."

We'll see on the rates now!
Old 08-20-2015, 10:13 AM   #6

Name: Rick
Trailer: Burro
Massachusetts
I am in Mass and we simply called our insurance company (Hanover) and they added our Burro to our policy. We told them what it is worth (as a restored antique), so that they would not insure it for book value which is next to nothing. It cost us like $20/year for full coverage for $8500 value.

So when you do find a company to cover it be sure to talk about the value and do NOT use the "book" value that they look up because it will be too low.

Rick
rick.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #7

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
I read an article several years ago that many insurance companies had withdrew from certain states due to the number of automobile crashes and extremely poor overall driving records. New Jersey and Massachusetts were mentioned in that article.

Interesting.
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote