Sallyv - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #1

Name: sally
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Sallyv

I own a 2018 16-ft Scamp. When I got home from camping, there was about 1 1/2 inches of water on the shower floor. I had drained my water tank before I left the campground, so where did the water come from? I was not hooked up to electricity or water.
This is my first time posting a question.
sallyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 12:16 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
If your grey water tank is full or close to full and the floor drain in your shower (if you have a shower) and you travel with the drain plug on the bottom of the shower is either loose or not installed, grey water can slosh (technical term) up into the shower floor pan. We do not travel with the pump on and not running either. That’s a couple possibilities, there’s probably others like an open shower roof vent taking on water in a rain, etc.

Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:44 AM   #3

Name: Stephen and Fay
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
I have a 2008 16 ft Scamp. After a heavy rain storm I found lots of water on the floor of the bathroom. The leak was from the rubber seals around the bathroom window. I replaced the seals and no more leaks. Of course, you could have a plumbing problem.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Most likely if you have the front bath, grey water that may have been in the grey tank came back into the shower pan. The reason there is a pump for the shower water drain is that the drain is lower than the grey tank and the shower water needs to be pushed "uphill". Even if the grey tank was empty, some shower water remains in the hose going back to the grey tank.
Normally just ensuring that the drain is closed when traveling prevents any shower water from returning to the shower pan.
Another possibility if you have the front window on your shower (now discontinued) is that the seals around the window have shrunk with age, and if exposed to rain, will allow water penetration.
You might also get some drips out of the shower hose (hopefully the pump was off though) and we used to allow the shower wand to hang down to allow water to completely drain out after showers before hanging it back up.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote