Scamp 13 Closet Metal Bar - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1978 Scamp
Missouri
Posts: 15
Scamp 13 Closet Metal Bar

Inside the top of the closet of my Scamp is a metal bar that is riveted to the shell of the camper and to the inside front of the closet, is this a structural component of the camper or does it serve as bar for hanging clothing?
Tom Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 9,899
Registry
It's for clothing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1978 Scamp
Missouri
Posts: 15
Great thank you.
Tom Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Posts: 1,695
Closet rivets

Yeah it's another one of those "WHY did Scamp RIVET a closet rod through the outside of the Scamp????" I could and WOULD have done it much different (same with the CURTAIN RODS)!! And I would on the next one IF I was purchasing a Scamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Porter View Post
Inside the top of the closet of my Scamp is a metal bar that is riveted to the shell of the camper and to the inside front of the closet, is this a structural component of the camper or does it serve as bar for hanging clothing?
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Posts: 1,669
Registry
Because rivets are cheap and quick. I agree, it's a cheezy way to install things, but they all do it.

FWIW, I completely removed the hangar bar in my trailer. I don't bring clothes that need to be hung up. If I can't fold it up and cram it in my bag, it ain't going. I have installed shelves in my closet which I find to be much more useful than a hangar bar.
Attached Thumbnails
closet1.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Posts: 1,695
Oh gosh dont show my wife this...never mind she loves to hang "clothes" YES, even on a camping trip!

That looks very nice though Greg- LED's...nice touch and the door hanging pouches! wow.

How did you handle the holes through the shell? Just leave the hanger there? EDIT: Wait...your's is a Casita; so did they come through the shell with your closet bar mount also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Because rivets are cheap and quick. I agree, it's a cheezy way to install things, but they all do it.

FWIW, I completely removed the hangar bar in my trailer. I don't bring clothes that need to be hung up. If I can't fold it up and cram it in my bag, it ain't going. I have installed shelves in my closet which I find to be much more useful than a hangar bar.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Posts: 1,669
Registry
Thanks for the kudos Darral. No, the rod is totally gone. I just used a dab of white Marine-Tex to plug the hole, along with any other holes in the fiberglass that need sealing up. It is great stuff. I used to use it often on fiberglass boat small repairs. Hardens like the fiberglass, and it is easy to sand. Blends well color-wise as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014419V0...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Posts: 1,695
Ahhh...thanks Greg. I'll put that in my store house of "future references" that I may need later on for my Scamp! It's got good reviews too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Thanks for the kudos Darral. No, the rod is totally gone. I just used a dab of white Marine-Tex to plug the hole, along with any other holes in the fiberglass that need sealing up. It is great stuff. I used to use it often on fiberglass boat small repairs. Hardens like the fiberglass, and it is easy to sand. Blends well color-wise as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014419V0...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
scamp


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal pole removal from scamp RV dining table robertmarchiony Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 14 04-11-2015 08:26 AM
Grease Leaking from Metal End Cap on 2005 Scamp 5th Wheel jcellis54 Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 11 03-09-2012 01:49 AM
13' Scamp caulking around metal band DavidS Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 11-28-2011 05:18 PM
Scamp Trailer upper cabinet metal supports... Lynn L Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 06-29-2008 10:20 AM
Round Bar vs. Trunion Mount Flat Bar WDH ? bobinyelm Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 11 07-06-2007 08:43 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.