Scamp 13 Closet Metal Bar - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Scamp
Scamp 13 Closet Metal Bar

Inside the top of the closet of my Scamp is a metal bar that is riveted to the shell of the camper and to the inside front of the closet, is this a structural component of the camper or does it serve as bar for hanging clothing?
Tom Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It's for clothing.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Scamp
Great thank you.
Tom Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Closet rivets

Yeah it's another one of those "WHY did Scamp RIVET a closet rod through the outside of the Scamp????" I could and WOULD have done it much different (same with the CURTAIN RODS)!! And I would on the next one IF I was purchasing a Scamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Porter View Post
Inside the top of the closet of my Scamp is a metal bar that is riveted to the shell of the camper and to the inside front of the closet, is this a structural component of the camper or does it serve as bar for hanging clothing?
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Because rivets are cheap and quick. I agree, it's a cheezy way to install things, but they all do it.

FWIW, I completely removed the hangar bar in my trailer. I don't bring clothes that need to be hung up. If I can't fold it up and cram it in my bag, it ain't going. I have installed shelves in my closet which I find to be much more useful than a hangar bar.
Attached Thumbnails
closet1.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #6

Oh gosh dont show my wife this...never mind she loves to hang "clothes" YES, even on a camping trip!

That looks very nice though Greg- LED's...nice touch and the door hanging pouches! wow.

How did you handle the holes through the shell? Just leave the hanger there? EDIT: Wait...your's is a Casita; so did they come through the shell with your closet bar mount also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Because rivets are cheap and quick. I agree, it's a cheezy way to install things, but they all do it.

FWIW, I completely removed the hangar bar in my trailer. I don't bring clothes that need to be hung up. If I can't fold it up and cram it in my bag, it ain't going. I have installed shelves in my closet which I find to be much more useful than a hangar bar.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Thanks for the kudos Darral. No, the rod is totally gone. I just used a dab of white Marine-Tex to plug the hole, along with any other holes in the fiberglass that need sealing up. It is great stuff. I used to use it often on fiberglass boat small repairs. Hardens like the fiberglass, and it is easy to sand. Blends well color-wise as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014419V0...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #8

Ahhh...thanks Greg. I'll put that in my store house of "future references" that I may need later on for my Scamp! It's got good reviews too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Thanks for the kudos Darral. No, the rod is totally gone. I just used a dab of white Marine-Tex to plug the hole, along with any other holes in the fiberglass that need sealing up. It is great stuff. I used to use it often on fiberglass boat small repairs. Hardens like the fiberglass, and it is easy to sand. Blends well color-wise as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014419V0...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
scamp