Scamp 13’ front dinette to bed question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2021, 11:47 AM   #1

Name: Loulou
Trailer: Shopping
California
Scamp 13’ front dinette to bed question

Can someone tell me if the front dinette on a 13’ Scamp converts to a bed, like the back dinette does? Oddly, i dont see that information anywhere.

Also, the deluxe front dinette model comes with a cabinet to the right of the sink, reducing the length of a would be bed. What is the length of that actual or potential bed space? Is it possible to cut a cavity in that cabinet behind the cushion and build up a platform to accommodate a sleeper’s legs? Has anyone done this? Is that cabinet necessary for stability and would that modification compromise that stability?

Thanks for your replies in advance. I’ve learned so much here.
Bluemorpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It does convert to a bed, and you are correct about the cabinet- the bed is "child-size." I don't know the exact length.

It's my understanding they will delete the cabinet if requested, making the bed full-width and usable by a small-to-average adult. It is not required for structural reasons.

I don't know about the practicality of modifying the cabinet to create legroom for a taller person. It's a long shot, but you might be able to work with Scamp's sales department to find a nearby owner with that layout for a demo. The owner gets a small bonus if you place an order, so it's a win-win-win.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #3

Name: Loulou
Trailer: Shopping
California
Thank you For taking the time to reply, Jon. Appreciate the info.
Bluemorpho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp