Scamp 13 Lower cabinet sizes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #1

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Scamp 13 Lower cabinet sizes

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right forum for this question...wasn't sure whether to put in general chat or not. My scamp kitchen 13er 2012 has some little cupboards I guess you'd call them on the bottom below the sink and counter. I'd like to get some slide out baskets or something today but she's all locked up and covered cold outside. Does anybody know the L W and D of those little cabinets/cupboards offhand?

Much Obliged,
Wendy
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Wendy I would be careful about using the dimensions supplied by someone with a different Scamp. I know having ordered a couple of replacement doors from Scamp that the openings can vary from trailer to trailer and although the position of my doors look the same as everyone else's the size of the doors/cutouts do not match the stock ones - have had to have some custom made by Scamp. Seems to depend on who was doing the fiberglass cut outs on any given day. ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #3

New York
Registry
Thanks Carole. Aside from your reply I haven't heard from anyone yet so I may just go outside today and unzip the cover and get the measurements anyway. I'm off work today but working on report cards right now. It's a good day to go in there anyway - nice and sunny, albeit cold still!

Wendy
Old 02-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

New York
Registry
Sorry for the e at the end of your name. Kept thinking about my aunt Carole while writing!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #5

New York
Registry
Hi Carol,
First off I want to thank you because you're always there to reply whenever I post. I meant to tell you I bought a tv and the ucmm 50 tv mount you recommended. Can't wait for good weather so I can get busy!

Went in the camper today as it was warmer and measured cabs, I also want to put in a propane detector. So many things you've helped me make decisions on...too numerous to list!

Hugs to you,
Wendy
Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM   #6

Registry
Your more than welcome Wendy. Happy to share what I have learned about my Scamp. Some of it the hard way! ;-)

Re the TV mount not sure if I shared the following two photos or not with you. But I purchased a fitting for my drill to make an inch and half or so round hole into the side & bottom of the overhead cabinets for running the wires & power through the bin. Purchased plastic caps to cover most of the hole up once wires where in place. Got the caps and the fitting for the drill at Home Depot. Gives it a bit more of a finished look rather than a back yard massacre.
Attached Thumbnails
09-10-10 20_36_DSC0110small.jpg   09-07-10 20_48_DSC0079small.jpg  

Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #7

Registry
BTW the second photo is the mount without the TV attached - pretty well need to look from below the cabinet to even see it. I did by the way put a piece of 3/8" thick piece of wood inside the cabinet where I screwed the mount in. Not sure it was really needed as the TV is pretty light and I don't travel with it up but thought stiffening up the mounting point might be a good plan.

Tags
scamp