Scamp 13 shower fiberglass damage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2024, 07:23 PM   #1

Name: Vincent
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Scamp 13 shower fiberglass damage

I've discovered a damaged area in my 2019 Scamp 13 shower fiberglass (no idea how this happened, which is itself a concern), and I am seeking advice from others who have dealt with this area.

I've read several posts about fiberglass and gelcoat repair and am game to give it a try. When I gently press on the damage, it flexes, which makes me wonder if I need to repair fiberglass from the "outside" of the shower pan- the void between the wood door frame and the fiberglass shower. The frame of the door looks like a pain to remove, though.

For those who have done this kind of work, does it look as if I could repair this without removing the frame? If not, have you suggestions regarding the door frame removal?

Thanks very much!
Vince
Attached Thumbnails
frame.png   shower damage.png  

Pdxrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 10:21 AM   #2

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Scamp
Hollywood
Gelcoat repair

If this is not leaking outside, under the shower you do not have a major issue.
Just carefully remove as little gelcoat as possible, fill with a marine filler and paint the surface.
I had to replace my entire shower pan and that required me to cut about 6 inches out of the pan to shorten it.
I just glassed it back to together on the bottom, faired the seam and rattle caned it.
Three years now and about 15000 miles with no problem.
Tcjmiami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, scamp