Scamp 13 ' wheel distance question - need measurements - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #1

Name: Kristina
Trailer: Future Camper Owner
Utah
Scamp 13 ' wheel distance question - need measurements

Hello,

I am having a Scamp 13 ' built for me and will be ready soon. I am building a pergola to house it and I want to put down pavers where the tires will go. Can anyone tell me or measure the distance that the tires are from the edge and how big the tires are? That way I can have everything ready when my Scamp arrives.

Thank you!

Kristina
hungrydeejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #2

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
How exciting to be planning a parking space for your new Scamp!

The tire width is about 8", more or less. They is about 4" more ON EITHER SIDE to include the width of the body overhang.

72" is the exact measurement from outside of tire to outside of tire.

Can I suggest a double-wide row of pavers so you don't have to be perfect when backing into your pergola? I have found that to be a good solution because it also keeps the trailer body cleaner. Unless, of course, that you are adding gravel to the project after the pavers get laid.

I housed my classic teardrop that way for 10 years. The pavers were just dry-laid in the dirt. No settling or other issues, though the TD was only 750 lbs.

Any more measurements or are you good to go?
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #3

Name: Kristina
Trailer: Future Camper Owner
Utah
thank you!

Wow, I REALLY appreciate the quick response! You are most helpful. This is truly exciting indeed. Those measurements are exactly what I need to proceed with the project And that is great advice on doubling up on the pavers. We are putting in gravel and sand into dirt and then will have grass around it and will grow hops on the pergola to keep it protected from the sun and elements and will put a tarp on the pergola in the winter. My husband and I were looking at teardrops originally and then discovered Scamp and fell in love. We will be able to travel with our dogs now since they are above 35 lbs and most hotels won't take them in. I will post pictures after I have picked up my Scamp in October.

Cheers and happy scamping =D

- Kristina
hungrydeejay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp