Scamp 16 Side Bath - The sink has to go! - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #1

Name: Billy
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Scamp 16 Side Bath - The sink has to go!

2014 16ft Scamp Deluxe with side bathroom. We bought this camper in the fall and have camped twice now.

I cannot comprehend why they thought it was a good idea to install a bathroom sink that occupies 30% of the standing floor space in such a tiny bathroom. I can just barely fit into the bathroom standing and click the door shut. Moving around isn't an option. With that said I'm pulling the sink out to regain that precious space. I'm fine with washing hands in the kitchen sink 2 steps away.

Going forward I would like to retain the shower/water hook up since it's already plumbed in. Does anyone have a suggestion on an RV shower tap that gets its water supply from the bottom since water lines are coming from the bottom? Or possibly a replacement sink that is tiny or the sink basin lifts out of the way? Even relocating behind the toilet?

Lastly, I do have some water damage behind the sink from either a rivet or possible the window above leaked down to that location. I'll be repairing that when I pull the sink. Any suggestions on how I can repair the shower wall with a patch of some sort? I'm assuming I'll have to cut out an inch or so more than where the water damage is to get it properly cleaned.

Thanks for you time
Billy
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210526_173748022.jpg   PXL_20210526_173753956.jpg  

Billy MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Something like this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy MB View Post
Going forward I would like to retain the shower/water hook up since it's already plumbed in. Does anyone have a suggestion on an RV shower tap that gets its water supply from the bottom since water lines are coming from the bottom? Billy
I like my sink but this may work,
https://www.amazon.com/Builders-Shop...2054460&sr=8-3
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Apparently Scamp now agrees, since they no longer put a sink in the side bath. Not sure what shower control they use or how the water lines are routed. A call might help.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #4

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
I agree and that is why we left the sink out of our 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe "Layout C" with the side bathroom (formerly known as Layout A with a no-charge substitution of front sofa/bunks in place of the usual front dinette).
(See attached pix.)

It didn't save me any money but, I told them that I had been in many other Scamp side-bathroom models and a sink just really did not belong in a side bathroom. The Scamp production manager told me that he agreed. I guess Scamp finally realized the same thing.

The shower head is located on the wall behind the toilet and the water lines for that come in from the adjacent closet. The way you would shower in our trailer would be to sit down on the closed toilet lid, use the shower-head-wand to get wet, soap up, and then use the wand to rinse off.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
20170221_134505.jpg   20170221_134215.jpg  

rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #5

Name: Chantal
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Fold-down sink

Would a fold-down sink like this one solve your space problem?
https://nucamprv.com/tab400-camper/#pid=5
boler girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: Billy
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdickens View Post
I agree and that is why we left the sink out of our 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe "Layout C" with the side bathroom (formerly known as Layout A with a no-charge substitution of front sofa/bunks in place of the usual front dinette).
(See attached pix.)

It didn't save me any money but, I told them that I had been in many other Scamp side-bathroom models and a sink just really did not belong in a side bathroom. The Scamp production manager told me that he agreed. I guess Scamp finally realized the same thing.

The shower head is located on the wall behind the toilet and the water lines for that come in from the adjacent closet. The way you would shower in our trailer would be to sit down on the closed toilet lid, use the shower-head-wand to get wet, soap up, and then use the wand to rinse off.

Ray
Thank you for the Pictures! You and I have Very similar trailers mine is a 2014 Deluxe with front bunks. I like how the side bath on yours has the notch giving more room to the front. Mine is a perfect square. Do you have a furnace to the left of the bathroom below the closet? I'm thinking it's probably not an option for me to run my existing waterlines under the bath to the left instead I would have to run water lines the opposite direction around the camper coming from under the fridge.

I'll probably end up going with the same shower only valve you have. Unfortunately it means new holes as the supply lines come from the back of the valve instead of the bottom.

I also notice you have a ceiling fan, that would be handy
Billy MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #7

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
The side notch is both a blessing and a curse!

The bad part is that it provides even less room than normal for your feet.
The good part is that it provided a spot to put the plate for my Lagun table. When not in use for dining, the table swivels and spins back into the corner in front of the side bathroom.
(See attached pix. Sorry about the rotation of the "parked position")

Instead of a furnace, I opted for for an extra storage cabinet. In our previous Scamp13 big-bed trailer, we found that a small electric (ceramic?) space heater was more than enough to keep us warm.

We almost always have electrical hook-ups, we have very warm sleeping bags (a leftover from our pop-up and tent camping days), we rarely camp in below freezing temperatures, and (if we didn't have electrical power) we have a small propane heater (Mr Buddy) to take the chill off of the trailer in the morning.

Perhaps a folding sink, similar to what Chantal mentioned, would be an option for you? You could keep the same water lines and just put in a smaller/folding sink? It would likely still crowd you ... just not as much.

Yes, ours has a vent/fan in the top. Nice to let the humidity of wet towels and wash rags out.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
20200929_165703.jpg   20200914_125541.jpg  

rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp