Scamp 19 Fiamma Awning brackets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 06:10 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ma
Scamp 19 Fiamma Awning brackets

Hi,

Been lurking for a while. Bought a 2008 Scamp 19 two years ago and have used it a lot, especially last summer... :-)

This spring I'm replacing the awning since the original was getting difficult to close (and sometimes even difficult to open).

I ordered a Fiamma F45S 350 from a local RV supply company and ordered the brackets for the 19 footer from Scamp. Unfortunately, the brackets didn't come with any installation instructions and when I contacted Scamp, they sent me pictures of the brackets used on a 16 footer, which was the only one available to take pictures of...

Could someone who has a Fiamma F45S installed on their Scamp 19 take some pictures of the brackets and also take some measurement from the belly band up to the bottom of the brackets?

Thanks,
Bob
cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:32 PM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Brackets

We had to use the old brackets with the new roller and awning with our boler.
Do not know about your setup but maybe this will help in some way.

We used the old brackets top and bottom:

Dometic had changed arm cap size and quit selling the replacement roller and awning with old size caps in 2010. Roller shaft was same diamiter as our 43 year old unit and pin position had not changed in relation to end of shaft.

The difference was the new roller brackets are smaller in size with a larger pin and would not fit our arms. Used a pin punch to push out pin on new caps. Then drilled hole in original caps larger, but 1/64th smaller than pin and slowly push it in and out removing burr till final insert of pin. Has worked great.

With out pictures can not know it this will help.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ma
Hi Borden. Thank you for your reply.

I don't think I can re-use any of the Dometic mounting hardware on the Fiamma.

Here is some more info:
The Dometic was mounted with a couple of small aluminum brackets on the back and middle. The front was directly bolted to the trailer.

Here is the Fiamma and the hardware that comes with it. The default hardware is used to mount the Fiamma to a flat vertical surface.

I bought the brackets that Scamp uses to create a flat vertical mounting surface on the 19 footer.

And this is what it looks like when they mount the Fiamma at the factory.

I contacted Scamp, but they don't have instructions or measurements. The parts department was nice and went out to the floor and took some pictures of the brackets for an awning that is currently being mounted. But they are of a Scamp 16 (the only one available at the current time)...

Before I "wing it", I was hoping to get some measurements from the owner of a newer Scamp 19 who has the Fiamma awning on their trailer from the factory.

I'd like measurements from the top of the aluminum belly band to the bottom of each of the brackets.

I'd also like to get the distance between the back bracket and the middle bracket and between the middle bracket and the front bracket.

I'd also like to know if the front bracket is attached with just the two visible screws or if the two bottom holes are also used for mounting. (I'm guessing the bottom holes are not used, but I'd like verification.)

Regards,
Bob
cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, scamp