Scamp 19 Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 19
New Hampshire
Scamp 19 Help

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a Scamp 19 5th Wheel. Before I purchase it I'd like to look close-up at a couple of things and make some measurements. I'd also like to tap into another's experience with this RV.

I'm in the MacAllen, Brownsville, Corpus Cristi area in Texas and hope these's one in the area with an owner who would be willing to let me look his/her's over.

Thanks in Advance,

-Scott.
Techscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Hi Scott and welcome aboard. Obviously, I am in Iowa and not in your neck of the woods. However, I purchased a 2010 19 footer almost exactly one year ago and have been out in it several times. If I can be of any help on this forum, don't hesitate to reply.

Peter
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #3

Name: Dennis
Minnesota
I have a 1999 19' that I have pulled around since 2004, and even though I am out of reach for you to look at my Scamp, I am willing to help you with your decision in any way I can.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Scamp 19D

I am in Cedar Hill,just S. of Dallas- a bit closer, but still a long long way unless you are coming up her for something else. I used to pull mine with a Toyota 4 cylinder, now a Tacoma 6 cylinder. The big advantage of the 19, is a seperate bed area. Most people with Casitas and Scamp16s seem to end up just leaving their bed made and giving up the dining area. If you are tall, you might do better with a side bath model. Also, watch your head on the AC.
Peter Lindblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:03 AM   #5

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler
Texas
I am in LaPorte Tx, outside of Houston, Texas. I have a 2007 Scamp 5th wheel for sale. You are welcome to look at it. My number is 2816604747.
rynho29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #6

Name: Larry and Pat
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp 29

Hey Scott, we are currently in Alaska with our 2013 Scamp 19. Our home is in Wisconsin and we jave spent nearly 200 nights in our trailer and have pulled it about 40,000 miles so far...I have learned a lot about this trailer and towing it since we picked it up at the factory. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you feel may help by email, lacrosseipad@gmail.com. The last time I posted this address on here I received several friendly emails advising me of how dangerous this was to post an email address on here...so relax fellas on this...I've got it taken care of.....Larry
lpdolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #7

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
It looks like there a few of us who could at least answer some questions you might have related to the 5th wheel Scamp. If you need help with pre-purchase inspection, there is a checklist on this forum to help, some people might have the location at their fingertips. If it is in decent shape and you have a medium size truck, go for it.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp