Scamp 19' microwave receptacle question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2017, 08:10 AM   #21

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijMichael View Post
What I concluded is the camper power cord connection shorted while washing the camper. This lead to the GFI, IN THE BASEMENT, tripping every time the camper was plugged in. This in turn caused the breaker for said receptacle to trip in such a way that I did not catch it until much later. Any way the outlet will be wired to a new receptacle and I will be keeping an eye on that breaker. Since it may be in need of replacing.

Thanks to all who offered solutions.
Good detective work!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
<sniped>... a '95 TT just to new to not have a GFI some place in it.
It only had 3 receptacles in the TT when we bought it, the one in question in the cabinet one under the counter space to the left of the sink and one above the furnace.

Quote:
Your problem kind of reminded me of when the receptacle on my deck tripped. Being I had recently bought the house I found the controlling GFI was a long way from the deck in the kitchen.
Had that problem in our garage, 3 outlets all controlled by a GFI in a bathroom on a common wall.

Quote:
BTW, GFIs & breakers can wear out over time.
Yes they do I have one GFI in the kitchen that will need replacing sometime in the not so distant future. As for the breaker in question, time will make that decision as to when it is replaced.
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, scamp

« U Haul | parkliner »