Scamp 19 shower stall seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
Scamp 19 shower stall seal

In my 2016 Scamp 19 deluxe layout A the shower stall area is lined with some sort of plastic sheet material and the inside corner joints were sealed with white silicone caulk. With temperature changes the sheets expand and contract and in some ares the silicone joint had separated from the plastic. I tried resealing these areas over time but eventually every repair I’d done had failed. I also reamed out the screw holes where the plastic is attached to wood in one corner so it could flex but I still get some buckling. I ended up pulling the caulk and trying these vinyl weather seals with sticky back tape. See photos. It’s held mostly now for about 6 months but you can still see the buckling from the sheet material. I’m wondering has anyone had this issue and figured out a better solution?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4152.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	140312
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4151.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	140313
Old 04-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
there was a real problem in my Casita with the shower walls were not sealed well and it looked as if the walls were made on the outside of the floor or what is known as the
Base. I used Flex Tape where it was obvious that water coming down walls was just going down under shower stall Base.
I used White and if you take your time you can get this tape on so it will look good and it will flex with any movement of trailer and walls.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
Gerry, Thanks for your note on using Flex Tape.

Tags
scamp