Scamp Converter Issue - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: Scamp
Tennessee
Scamp Converter Issue

Have a new to me 2015 Scamp 16ft with side dinette. Have had it two weeks and it's been plugged in. Yesterday, the battery power went very low. I checked the converter and it is not plugged into an outlet. Problem is, I don't see any outlet to plug in. I did plug it in using an extension cord and the battery charged right back up. What am I missing here? This unit was bought new at the factory June 15th. Did they just fail to install an outlet to plug the converter to?
Gadwall100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Normally a converter would be hardwired into the wiring system not plugged in.
Did you not receive any manuals from the PO of your trailer in regards to the trailer?

Perhaps if you posted a photo of the converter and its location that would help.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I just had this done after almost a year of not being plugged in. It is in the back of the electric box. Put your hand under the lower cabinet behind the breaker box, there lies your problem. The RV service man told me this when i brought it to them, because my lights always dimmed after a few days, even while plugged into shore power. The RV man plugged it in, just how he did it, I really don`t know,or what type of plug it is, all i know it works now. Same guy at Scamp that put yours together, put mine together as well. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: Scamp
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pa View Post
I just had this done after almost a year of not being plugged in. It is in the back of the electric box. Put your hand under the lower cabinet behind the breaker box, there lies your problem. The RV service man told me this when i brought it to them, because my lights always dimmed after a few days, even while plugged into shore power. The RV man plugged it in, just how he did it, I really don`t know,or what type of plug it is, all i know it works now. Same guy at Scamp that put yours together, put mine together as well. Carl
Yep, got a flashlight and mirror and there it is. Problem solved. thanks
Gadwall100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwall100 View Post
Yep, got a flashlight and mirror and there it is. Problem solved. thanks
Got to thinking about it and looked, and saw that is just a simple three prong plug. You are going to have to check it once in awhile, because mine worked its self loose again. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 AM   #6

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Same issue with our new (Oct 2014) Scamp. Used some duct tape on plug to hold it in place.

Wayne at Scamp indicated this "was" an issue but they thought they had solved it.

Tags
scamp