Scamp cushions and covers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2020, 08:26 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Scamp cushions and covers

Hey! My wife and I are looking to redo the foam and covers for our Scamp 16. We aren’t a big fan of the current offerings from Scamp and are wondering if anyone has any experience with cutting new cushions and covering them yourself. Looks like foam is roughly $250 for the amount needed and the cover material is about the same. That puts it at $500 but since neither of us can see well enough we would need to have a professional do it and I’m guessing that is about another $500 which would put the total more than brand new Scamp ones. If anyone has some advice we would thoroughly appreciate it!
Riomcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riomcoupe View Post
Hey! My wife and I are looking to redo the foam and covers for our Scamp 16. We aren’t a big fan of the current offerings from Scamp and are wondering if anyone has any experience with cutting new cushions and covering them yourself. Looks like foam is roughly $250 for the amount needed and the cover material is about the same. That puts it at $500 but since neither of us can see well enough we would need to have a professional do it and I’m guessing that is about another $500 which would put the total more than brand new Scamp ones. If anyone has some advice we would thoroughly appreciate it!

Here is what we did
My wife contacted our local adult education facility... they offered upholstery classes... we visited and spoke with the instructor... they had a number of students that were looking for projects
We purchased our foam/fabric from them... in about 2 weeks we not only got new cushions/covers... but the lady even made us curtains and a portta potty cover
Our cost was so small I’m embarrassed to mention it
We made a donation to the school and my wife made the student a huge pan of lasagna
This was a great find for us
Might ask your local schools
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Scamp / Camper cushions

a year and a half ago, we bought a 2918 Scamp 16 needing everything. Since we are both 6' and over 200 lbs, I made a queen width bed platform. We found a tri-fold 4 inch mattress that we trimmed the foam to fit the corners and she reused the heavy duty fabric that came with the mattress. Was by far the best price for the foam and included the fabirc to boot!

Examples at https://www.milliardbedding.com/prod...fold-mattress/

Others with search on web.

We have spent over a month at a time since then.
Bob Durrstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #4

Trailer: 1998 16 ft Scamp
scamp cushions

We used the same foam but purchased the fabric we wanted for the covers in the amount specified by Scamp and sent the fabric to them. They have a sub-contractor who will sew the covers who did an excellent job. Don't remember the cost but it was not outlandish.
Mark Hutton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp