Scamp Cutlery Drawer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 ft
Has anyone had any problems with the cutlery drawer in their Scamp? We tried to open the drawer today and it's very sticky. Almost seems like the wood either expanded or is warped. I don't want to force anything because it seems the front panel might just break off. This didn't happen when it got cold last year. We've had some cold weather here the past few weeks and it warmed up a bit today.

jamessue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi...although we have a trillium outback, not a scamp, we occasionally have troubles with our cutlery drawer sticking, too.
what we end up doing is simply shaking it a bit and then giving it a good tug and it opens. sure, if something has shifted during travel it could be that blocking the opening, but most often nothing is blocking it...it just is tight. i have taken a block of wax and rubbed it along where it slides with, so far, good success.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Has anyone had any problems with the cutlery drawer in their Scamp? We tried to open the drawer today and it's very sticky. Almost seems like the wood either expanded or is warped. I don't want to force anything because it seems the front panel might just break off. This didn't happen when it got cold last year. We've had some cold weather here the past few weeks and it warmed up a bit today.

We had that problem in our Scamp this past summer. We could not figure out what was wrong with it. Then we towed the trailer somewhere and in transit it became magically unstuck! Still have NO idea what caused the sticking.

Good luck!

Crystal
Crystal B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
We had that problem in our Scamp this past summer. We could not figure out what was wrong with it. Then we towed the trailer somewhere and in transit it became magically unstuck! Still have NO idea what caused the sticking.

Good luck!

Crystal

Thanks for the responses. I suspect a bit of water may have warped the wood, putting things out of allignment. I assume the drawer can be pulled right out so I can examine everything around it and find the source.
jamessue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Ahhh, I had this problem, and I DID pull the front right off! I believe mine was from the humidity in AL over the summer. If you look at how they are made, they slide on a piece of cheap particle board. When it gets wet or moist, it swells. A day later, after running my AC for the night, what was left of it slid right open, but once the "face" came off, I could clearly see the swelling from the humidity. Good luck on finding your source of moisture!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp