Scamp Drop Leg Jack Replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #1

Name: Steve in NY
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Scamp Drop Leg Jack Replacement

In case anyone has an older Scamp like mine (88) with a swing down jack, I found an exact replacement really cheap. My "hub" is welded to the frame and you pull a "pin" and it swings (pivots) down. My jack had been severely abused and the handle grip gone. It turned hard and I was sure I would need to have someone re-weld one on. One day I was walking around in Harbor Freight and I noticed a Jack that looked awful familiar. I bought it and took it home. It turns out to be an exact replacement and all I had to do was pop off the big snap ring on both jacks and swap guts. Even the pin hole lines up. YMMV, but Easy Peasy and priced right. Here is the item if you need it FWIW.

Heavy Duty 2000 Lb. Capacity Top Wind Trailer Jack

Take Care,
Steve
Steve in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Probably a replacement from Tractor Supply will work. That's what is on our Uhaul as a replacement. We don't have a Harbor Freight near us but we do have Tractor Supply
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #3

Name: Steve in NY
Trailer: Scamp
New York
I didn't see one form Tractor supply as that is the first place I looked. For those without a HF near them, the link allows you to order it. It's currently on sale for 20 bucks. I think anywhere a Haul-master brand was sold would have it. Like I said, it's an exact replacement.
Steve in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I didn't actually look in a Tractor Supply store because the jack had been replaced before we got the trailer, but it does have a Tractor Supply sticker on it. It has to be 4 plus years old as we have had the trailer that long. It's on the original stub.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #5

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: 13 ft 2005 Scamp Deluxe; 2002 Subaru V6 Outback
Oregon
scamp jack

The jack on my 13 ft 2005 Scamp didn't work well either, so took it to trailer repair shop and once handle replaced, works good.
M Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
These are pretty generic items. Lots of brands should fit
Jim Thor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp