Scamp electrical system - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #1

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Casita or Scamp usesd
Virginia
Scamp electrical system

I just bought a 2005 scamp 13' trailer and am thrilled....but...I've never owned a trailer and can not seem to figure out how to plug the scamp into a 120 extension cord....or what to do with the extension cord in the trailer that has what look like a 220 end....or how to find the electrical box with the fuses. I have the book BUT it has no pictures and no real details of how to fill the H2O tanks and other essential things. Is there a resounce with photos that will help me out???? Thank you!
Barbara Dill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Dill View Post
I just bought a 2005 scamp 13' trailer and am thrilled....but...I've never owned a trailer and can not seem to figure out how to plug the scamp into a 120 extension cord....or what to do with the extension cord in the trailer that has what look like a 220 end....or how to find the electrical box with the fuses. I have the book BUT it has no pictures and no real details of how to fill the H2O tanks and other essential things. Is there a resounce with photos that will help me out???? Thank you!
What you have is a 30amp 110V plug which was supplied with your Scamp when new. When camping most power posts have that plug.
You can buy a 30A to 15A plug adapter at any RV supply place.
The fuses are in the converter box under the port side rear bench, just open the door on the front of that Black box.
Go here to see videos and owners manual info ...
Scamp Trailers - Owners Manuals
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #3

Virginia
Thank you...I had not found the videos...I'll see them now. Thank you again.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Ideally you need a local RV friend.

Here's some help getting started.

AC Power plug. It does look like a dryer plug but it is a 110 VAC plug rated for 30 amps. Campgrounds have outlets that accept these plugs. You can go to Walmarts to their RV section and buy an adapter that connects to this and allows you to plug into a regular 20 amp outlet. (Mine looks a little white because it has some paint on it.

There are two ways to get water in a trailer.

One is to pour water into the water tank and use the trailer's water pump. On the rear corner of your trailer, door side, their is a water fill spout. You open this and pour water directly in. It should hold about 12 gallons. You can also use an RV hose to do this, This can also be bought at Walmarts. These hoses are white and do not give the water a hose taste.

The water pump switch is typically a rocker switch located on your kitchen counter, mine's on the side.

The second way is to use that same white hose and connect it to the city water fill point. Mine is to the left of the door. Your's may be in another place. Scamp usually has a label that says city water. Once you connect the hose and turn it on. Water will be available at the tap.

(My city water connection looks a little different from your's because I have a quick connect on it:

Hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in.
Attached Thumbnails
plugs.jpg   waterfill.jpg  

city water.jpg  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #5

Virginia
WOW, you guys are great. I've been watching the videos and looking at your responses. I know I'll have it understood by tomorrow. Thank you!

Tags
electrical, scamp