Scamp hose hanging - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #1

Name: Judy
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Scamp hose hanging

13" Scamp with front bathroom. We just noticed that this hose seems to be hanging kind of low under the trailer. Does anyone know if this is the way it is supposed to be, or should we figure out how to raise it up and fasten it to the frame somehow? Seems to be the hose leading from the shower drain pump.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0961.jpg  
Judy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:30 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I dont know about a 13 with front bath, but in my 16 with side bath, I found the hose kinked from the factory (new), so I fixed that in the process found that the clamp and screws that held the hose to the bottom on the wood floor was minimal at best. I would look for evidence of a clamp that has failed and maybe been lost forever. In any case I think I would find a way to secure it better.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
From the shape of the loop shown, it looks like simply rotating the line back up and reattaching it to the floor. If the clamp is missing they are cheap and locally available.
The real problem though is that the pump should be relocated to the raised section of the floor to prevent impact damage as shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
pump07.JPG   pump04.JPG  

pump06.JPG  
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp