Scamp Mattress Instead of Cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Has anyone ever bought a mattress to use instead of using cushions for bed on a 13 foot Scamp?

I would appreciate help with a source and size of mattress. Many Thanks. Kimberly Geddes
Kimberly Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13 ft
I used a futon matress and pulled some of the stuffing out of the 2 corners to fit the round back. It worked pretty well!

Quote:
Has anyone ever bought a mattress to use instead of using cushions for bed on a 13 foot Scamp?

I would appreciate help with a source and size of mattress. Many Thanks. Kimberly Geddes
Drew Bogner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
Quote:
I used a futon matress and pulled some of the stuffing out of the 2 corners to fit the round back. It worked pretty well!

We made a paper template of our "bed" area--went to a "Foam Shop" and had them make us a permanent one piece mattress with a good quality foam--we already had a topper of "good" quality egg crate and they glued it on top of the foam...The size is perfect and so nice to have the single piece... I think it is about 7 inches deep in total...
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
Foam... it's a GOOD thing! LOVE foam. Not real cheap, but every night you lay down on it, it's worth every penny spent on it.

I love the idea of making a pattern and having a foam shop custom cut a mattress for you. Can't go wrong.

I love Foam mattresses SO much, I ditched my innerspring bed for a foam one.
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #5

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
I have a Surfside, not a Scamp, and of course the interior is configured differently, but we put a foam in ours. Ordered it from Sears - cheapest, and could get it in the 6-inch width. It's covered with an Obus Form, then encased in a cotton, zip-me-up mattress cover to hold it together (no glue smell). Then it's covered in a quilted, pillow-topped mattress cover (the kind with the elastic sides). It's every bit as good as a REAL bed! the Obus and pillow-top keep you from getting sweaty and sticky.

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #6

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Kimberly,

These folks http://southernmattressnc.com/ have a fair amount of experience with mattresses for Scamps and Casitas and will custom make one to your specs. We've had one in our 02 16' Scamp for three years now and have been well satisfied.

Also would suggest you check your yellow pages to see if there might be a local factory in your area. I'd expect shipping would be a significant factor in the cost. Southern is only a couple of miles from my home so freight wasn't a factor.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
I added an inch and a half memory foam on top of my cushions. And like those who like Alexander Keiths Ale, those who like it , like it alot! And I like it!
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp