Scamp overhead storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Scamp overhead storage

I've got a 1981 16 foot Scamp and I'm looking for the storage bins that hang overhead in the front and back of the trailer. They run accross the width of the trailer. any help out there?
S Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bradley View Post
I've got a 1981 16 foot Scamp and I'm looking for the storage bins that hang overhead in the front and back of the trailer. They run accross the width of the trailer. any help out there?
You can purchase the one that runs across the front from Scamp - they sell them for a 13' but I seem to recall when I asked them about it that they fit the 16' as well ( but check with them on that) but regarding the back one across the back you dont see them on the 16' because of the window height at the back - or at least in my trailers year that was the case - they only put the ones that run down the sides at the rear on the 16'. You can get the rear ones for the a 13' though and they also have some for the deluxe 16' but they are again a different size and they dont sell them aftermarket when I asked.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Scott.

I tried to buy the rear unit for our 1991 Scamp 16 from the Scamp parts store. They said the best way to get one is to stop by the Scamp factory because shipping is so expensive. The problem is they ship them out and they sometimes arrive with a little scratch and people return them. As a result they've reached the state where they have to over pack them.

As a result I made my own. It can be seen at Modifications/Preparing a 1991 Scamp.

The way I built mine requires putting no holes thru the fiberglass.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp