SCAMP Spare Tire Cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: '87 13'scamp, 2006 Chevy1500
FL / MN
SCAMP Spare Tire Cover

Has anyone ever bought new cover for the spare rear tire on a 13' Scamp? Are tire covers universal or are there different sizes?
stevebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:50 AM   #2

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
Steve, tires come in different sizes, so you have to order the right size. We ordered ours from Scamp to be sure that it fit. Don.
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #3

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
TIRE COVER

Covers are also available at Life is Good. I believe they offer 2 sizes.
Linda M R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:55 PM   #4

Name: Mick M
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Tire Cover

Amazon has several to chose from. Scamp uses a 13 inch size. I purchased the "Comily Plus" 13 inch. Had purchased the Camco several years back in a 24" size. Both fit snug. I suggest getting white as the black get extremely hot in the sun. I found Amazon at the time to have the best price. Paid around $16 in April this year.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #5

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Scamp 19
Washington
spare tire cover

I purchased my rv cover from custom-tire-cover.net. They have a lot of stock styles to choose from. I've had it for four years and it still looks like new. It is about $60 and is very well made. when you order, you specify the tire size to get an exact fit.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails
tire cover.jpg  
Wayne53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:30 AM   #6

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne53 View Post
I purchased my rv cover from custom-tire-cover.net. They have a lot of stock styles to choose from. I've had it for four years and it still looks like new. It is about $60 and is very well made. when you order, you specify the tire size to get an exact fit.

Wayne
Wayne forgot to mention that you can have a custom one made as well.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:16 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
How About None?

When the original cover wore out, I elected to go without. In storage it's protected from the sun. On the road I like being able to check the pressure easily. Not too fond of the spiders and other insects that like to take up residence inside the tire cover, either. Found a black widow once, and we also have scorpions and very dangerous brown recluse spiders.

Good, tight-fitting covers are a pain to install and remove, and (at least for me) that meant the spare rarely got any attention. Cheap covers often fit poorly.

We did the same on our CRV with rear mounted spare. The original hard cover was destroyed in an accident and I decided to pocket the $540(!!) a replacement cost (from the insurance settlement). After two bad experiences with soft covers, I decided to go naked.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:57 AM   #8

Name: Lora
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13
Wisconsin
I crocheted a spare tire cover.
Attached Thumbnails
43CBCC29-CB39-4CA4-B9EF-2DEA669DD14B.jpg   42B7D842-7DA6-4D8B-BC76-0911FE162EA9.jpg  

Lora Scamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #9

Name: Kenny
Trailer: 16' Standard
Ohio
Registry
I bought one at tirecovers.com
Attached Thumbnails
0718191910.jpg  
Kenny in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #10

Ohio
Registry
Tire cover

Sorry I don't know how to post a picture here, it isn't like other forums I'm on.
If someone could explain.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
See post #2 for link to illustrated instructions.
If you want the pic properly oriented, download it to a photo processing app and after fixing it "save as". Or mail it to yourself and correct it there.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ass-89444.html
Old 07-12-2021, 05:45 AM   #12

Ohio
Registry
Thanks Glenn

Strange, I have it "saved as" in the correct position, and in my post if you click on it to enlarge it, it comes up in the correct position.

When posting the picture I clicked on the photo icon but asked for a url, I didn't know what that was, so I copied the photo identifier when I chose a file and dropped it where it asked for the url and it took but sideways.

Can I edit my post or delete it?
Old 07-12-2021, 06:47 AM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny in Ohio View Post
When posting the picture I clicked on the photo icon but asked for a url, I didn't know what that was, so I copied the photo identifier when I chose a file and dropped it where it asked for the url and it took but sideways.

Can I edit my post or delete it?
The icon used to attach photos to a post looks like a paper clip. It should open a separate window to upload photos and/or video files. If you don’t see it, click “go advanced.”

The icon that asks for a URL looks like a globe with a chain link. It is used to convert text to a web link.

You can edit or delete a post for up to 12 hours, after which the edit button disappears. After that you can contact a moderator for assistance.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #14

Ohio
Registry
Just Tried it

Jon,
I just tried it with the paper clip and it came out on it's side again so I deleted it. It is saved in my files correctly but won't post right.
Thanks, don't worry about it.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny in Ohio View Post
Jon,
I just tried it with the paper clip and it came out on it's side again so I deleted it. It is saved in my files correctly but won't post right.
Thanks, don't worry about it.

Email it to yourself. Open it in Preview. Fix it if necessary. Save As.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #16

Ohio
Registry
Email

Glenn,
I just emailed it to myself twice, and both times the picture is in the right position. So I can't see fixing something that is OK. I'm not the right person to waste your time, like I said before don't worry about it. It's enough just for me to able to read all the posts here. I read it quite a bit and usually don't bother logging in. I remember posting pictures a few years ago and never had trouble, I probably just can't keep up with the times.
Thanks again

Tags
scamp