Screws for Hunter Pop Up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2023, 05:48 PM   #1

Name: AJ
Trailer: Hunter
Nevada
Screws for Hunter Pop Up

Does anyone know what type/size screw was used for the pop up boot in Hunter I trailers? I removed mine so I could have the boot replaced (and put them in a “safe place”… and now have no idea where that is). Since I’d like to replace them with new screws anyway it’s not a huge deal, I just need to know what type/size they were 😊
AJ1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 12:16 PM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: Compact Jr
TX
Hunter compact Jr boot hardware

On my Compact Jr the pop up boot canvas retainer screws were 10/32 1 inch long with “fender” type washers and nylock nuts. The originals were regular cad plated, I would use stainless steel ones.

Ron
basicfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 02:06 PM   #3

Nevada
Thank you so much Ron, this is exactly what I needed ��
Old 04-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
when using stainless steel screws or bolts and nylock nuts you should apply a dab of antisieze lube to the threads before putting on the nylock nut.

I know it might seem like it is not needed because of the nylon but they are even more prone to seizing than ordinary stainless steel nuts and bolts.

It is not about keeping the nut from backing off. It won't interfere with that. It is all about being able to remove the nut from the bolt at a later date.

Look up "thread galling" to understand more about this issue
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 02:53 PM   #5

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
when using stainless steel screws or bolts and nylock nuts you should apply a dab of antisieze lube to the threads before putting on the nylock nut.

I know it might seem like it is not needed because of the nylon but they are even more prone to seizing than ordinary stainless steel nuts and bolts.

It is not about keeping the nut from backing off. It won't interfere with that. It is all about being able to remove the nut from the bolt at a later date.

Look up "thread galling" to understand more about this issue
This is great information, thank you!