Securing a 1lb reverse camera to a FG body - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 AM   #21

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I used "Amazing Goop Marine" for the adhesive to bond PVC lumber to the inside of the fiberglass shell for backing material behind my fittings and around the hatch openings. It is formulated to stick to both the PCV and fiberglass.

Makes a terrific bond but with a bit of effort and some scraping it can be removed if needed. I did have to sever the joint with a knife blade to separate the materials. Obviously because it is rated for marine use it is waterproof. It also seals up any voids around oversized screw holes in the fiberglass shell and it stays flexible enough that it won't fracture with the normal road movement of the trailer. It can be purchased at Home Depot and some hardware stores in small tubes. The small tubes are a handy size for small projects and small enough to carry in an emergency repair kit. Of course it also comes in larger sized tubes used with caulk guns.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:45 AM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We're in NB. I got on Amazon.com and was directed to Amazon.ca. I looked up Amazing Marine Goop and Scotch Exterior Tape. Both were shockingly expensive compared to USA prices plus they charge for shipping in Canada.

Yesterday we bought a single pole switch for our water heater, $6 Cnd plus a $1 tax. Coming from a no sales tax state it's amazing.

We camped in the driveway of FRV friends from New Brunswick yesterday evening and did have an interesting and informative discussion after a wonderful dinner.

As a side note I must say we've met numerous wonderful people through Fiberglass RV, a number have spent a week in our FL Escapee Park.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:20 AM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
We're in NB. I got on Amazon.com and was directed to Amazon.ca. I looked up Amazing Marine Goop and Scotch Exterior Tape. Both were shockingly expensive compared to USA prices plus they charge for shipping in Canada.

Yesterday we bought a single pole switch for our water heater, $6 Cnd plus a $1 tax. Coming from a no sales tax state it's amazing.

We camped in the driveway of FRV friends from New Brunswick yesterday evening and did have an interesting and informative discussion after a wonderful dinner.

As a side note I must say we've met numerous wonderful people through Fiberglass RV, a number have spent a week in our FL Escapee Park.
Some items such as chemicals with VOC content are best purchased locally which is why I try to state where to buy products locally. If I know of major national chains that carry a product then I try to refer to it in my postings. If it is a common hardware store or auto parts store then I say that as well.

I just checked online and Marine Goop is available in the Home Depot stores in New Brunswick, CA

The Goop line of products does have a pretty wide distribution. Not every hardware type of store will carry the full line of their products but it really is not all that hard to find their products. Of course the same is true of the 3M products.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote