Seeking fiberglass repair assistance - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
Seeking fiberglass repair assistance

Hello, I did some damage to my trailer last weekend, and hoping there's someone in western WA that can either recommend a skilled person or provide hands-on assistance. If you know of a good repair person looking for some side work, could you refer me or send a private message? I have a 1977 Boler.

Thanks, Jamie
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Jamie
Sorry to hear that. I've been there myself. Obviously I can't provide a direct answer, but You should be able to find a good repair shop by calling any marina. That's what I did and I quickly found a fiberglass magician.

Good luck,

Walt
Old 05-04-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
If you are handy there is an excellent thread hear on do it yourself fiberglass repair with step by step photo tutorials...I learned a lot from it and it is pretty easy to do even with no prior experience. Here is the link by D White aka "Fiberglass Dave" http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ass-52498.html
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
A good boat repair facility (boat yard) would be a good place to start. Boats are often made of fiberglass and have a gel coat finish. Some cars and many "big rig" trucks have fiberglass components, so check around for body shops too. A body shop that works on Chevy Corvettes might be able to help.

Often the boat yard guys are independent contractors or one man shops that travel from shop to shop. The boat building business in western Washington is pretty much gone, but there are some former employees that still have the skills if you can find one. Best of success.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote