Several questions about Bigfoot 25B25RQ/RT - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #21

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfootfamily View Post
Well I don't agree with the question of preferable layout but I have to agree that there seems to be less desire for the FQ, as I see many more of the RQ than I do of the FQ's. While it may be less significant to others, the additional seating option as well as a third bed is what should be the appeal of a FQ for some. We downsized from a large A class and the idea of a move to only have the table to sit at ruled it out for us. There was a nice one located in Washington State with some excellent photo's of the interior. I thought it presented really well.
Does your FQ have a window at the front?
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:33 PM   #22

Name: Paul
Trailer: Bigfoot
--
Registry
The FQ has no window in the front. It has one on either side of the bed at the front. As was mentioned in the first response to my post, many like the table and large window at the front. This was the configuration of my old 17'5. The 21' had a sofa under the window. The 25FQ has windows on either side in the area of the dinette; personally I feel it has equivalent view as the others. I have only seen recent model year configurations in the RQ, it could be Bigfoot has dropped the FQ.
Bigfootfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:43 AM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Bigfoot RVs seem to be heavier than factory specs. Having said that the FB is listed about 700 pounds more than the RQ.

The FB may have a nicer bathroom though.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:53 AM   #24

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

Like Patrick, I live in PA and would like to see a Bigfoot 25. I still have a 2003 Casita 17 SD but would love a walkaround bed and dry bath, so my leading contenders are the new Escape 23 (I'm on the wait list) and the 25B25RQ. I asked Bigfoot and the Georgia dealer in January if they could point me to one in eastern PA. Bigfoot told me to ask the dealer, and the dealer's reply was literally this: "Are you planning a trip to Norcross, Ga this week?"

I'm not going that far until I get vaccinated, and I'm not 65 so it will be a while. I wonder if Patrick had any luck. I see Henry in TN and Bruce in NC, and when I do start traveling I will figure out if any of those locations might be within range. If any of you travel my way and would be willing to show me yours, do tell. Meanwhile, are there any Bigfoot 25's in the eastern half of PA?

Thanks,
Bob S.
Bob Smucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #25

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Bob, you are certainly welcome to stop by and look at my 25B25RQ. Please call first, we may be on the road. When you are ready to travel send me a private message and I will send you my tele number and address.

I recently had solar professionally installed but have yet to go camping with it, due to covid 19. 6 Renogy Monocrystalline panels, Renogy MPPT 40 amp controller, Renogy BT-1 Bluetooth module, Xantrex Freedom 3000 inverter charger, and 4 Battle Born 100 Ah 12V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Batteries. The batteries are located outside under the trailer cargo box. Works nicely while at home at least. However, I keep my trailer in a barn which is wired with both 30 amp and 50 amp outlets.

It is interesting to note that when the solar install was done the BF factory did not have a wiring diagram available for the trailer.

While testing the solar outside, it rained and I noticed the marker lights continue to show condensation. I previously put a bead of sealant around each on so I don't really know what else to do.

If I were to order a new trailer, which I will not do, I would try to get the factory to raise the trailer up and/or upgrade the suspension if possible. Also my 2019 has the Bargeman stop lights located low on the back of the trailer, I am thinking about possibly locating another pair about 2' higher, so four stop lights.

I wonder if it is possible to order a new trailer with 18" wheels and 5000 lbs axles with larger brakes. The wheels might match the 18" spare tire/wheel on my truck and maybe that spare could be used for both the truck and trailer....not to sure this is a good idea though...
Old 03-10-2021, 08:17 AM   #26

Pennsylvania
Thanks Henry.

I received a private message response. Apparently there is a 25RT in my area and another one coming soon, so I will be able to see one of those in the near future.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:58 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
rzbrn:

Not sure on new trailers, but on my 2008 fb, I want to upgrade axles to 5200 or 6k. But have to stay with 15" wheels because there is only 1 3/4 to 2" between the tires with the spring length used, and the tire well space wouldn't allow to space them farther apart and larger diameter. I was hoping to go to an LT but 16" and larger only and nothing in a 29" diameter that I could find.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #28

Name: Charles
Georgia
The use of a truck spare wheel is basically a pipe dream. You would need a wheel well large enough to accommodate the tire, and you don't have it, and the truck wheel has a negative offset, meaning the tire would sit too far to the inside and probably scrub the inner face of the wheel well. Indeed Dexter does make a 8x6½ lug pattern drum for the 6000 lb axle and indeed the Ram 8 lug is also 8x6½ (technically 8x165mm), but the limiting factor is the tire outside diameter. Besides, if you use the truck spare on the trailer, then you absolutely have to repair the trailer tire ASAP and get it back on the ground, could leave you in a pickle.

I did see a video of an Aussie who was outfitting a new tow vehicle and trailer at the same time (and he gets a fair amount of sponsorship) and was able to get the trailer set up to use the same wheel/tire as the LandCruiser he is using. This way he has a spare on each, the tow vehicle and the trailer, two spares no matter what happens he is well covered. But one spare????

I keep preaching, I wished some of these high end trailers would go with a high end suspension. AT LEAST a torsion flex axle, but preferably something like an Australian Cruise Master system, fully independent, adjustable, models with one shock, two shocks, coils or air bags. It could all be assembled on a sub frame and depending on the option package, a subframe could be selected and bolted to the trailer's frame.

https://cruisemaster.com.au/suspensions/

Charles
Old 03-14-2021, 07:18 AM   #29

Name: Beth
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Smucker View Post
Thanks Henry.

I received a private message response. Apparently there is a 25RT in my area and another one coming soon, so I will be able to see one of those in the near future.

We are in MD and would like to see a 25RT. Can you let us know where it is and if we can see it too?
Brad-Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:30 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-Beth View Post
We are in MD and would like to see a 25RT. Can you let us know where it is and if we can see it too?
Apparently this site won't let us private message each other until we have posted more. Email me directly, bsmucker at yahoo dot com, and we can have this conversation offline.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #31

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Just re-read this thread and I have one observation:

If the decision makers at Bigfoot or any other rv manufacturer actually spent about four months using their products full time, these above mentioned problems would all disappear and they (and everyone else) would not be reading about them on line.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #32

Name: George
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Just re-read this thread and I have one observation:

If the decision makers at Bigfoot or any other rv manufacturer actually spent about four months using their products full time, these above mentioned problems would all disappear and they (and everyone else) would not be reading about them on line.
BruceH
What problems are you referring to?
Bigfoot does offer a 2", 4" or 6" factory lift.
I ordered the 4" lift on mine, only a $300.00 add. Also Bigfoot is willing to do a lot of specials, everybody has different needs.
Bigfoot uses the Dexter E-Z flex suspension and shocks.
This is far superior to any torsion flex axel, just ask any trailer repair shop (not RV dealer).
The Australian Cruise Master system is out of the question, these are not off road trailers.
Axels need to be sized for the weight of the trailer. If you over size the axels, the springs will not function with the lighter weight of the trailer and the trailer will see severe road shock.
GeoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:31 AM   #33

Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
re: over sizing the Axles

You can use a lighter spring suitable to the trailers weight, while getting better braking, and larger bearings. The heavy duty axle tube may keep its camber better.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #34

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoFish View Post
BruceH
What problems are you referring to?
Bigfoot does offer a 2", 4" or 6" factory lift.
I ordered the 4" lift on mine, only a $300.00 add. Also Bigfoot is willing to do a lot of specials, everybody has different needs.
Bigfoot uses the Dexter E-Z flex suspension and shocks.
This is far superior to any torsion flex axel, just ask any trailer repair shop (not RV dealer).
The Australian Cruise Master system is out of the question, these are not off road trailers.
Axels need to be sized for the weight of the trailer. If you over size the axels, the springs will not function with the lighter weight of the trailer and the trailer will see severe road shock.
Bruce, my 2019 BF 25RQ does not have the Dexter EZ Flex suspension it came with the Dexter Heavy Duty suspension. I bought off the lot.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:02 PM   #35

Name: George
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin A View Post
re: over sizing the Axles

You can use a lighter spring suitable to the trailers weight, while getting better braking, and larger bearings. The heavy duty axle tube may keep its camber better.
Martin
\
Thanks, I did not understand they were only replacing the axels.
Chalk that up to "I must had a Senior moment"!
GeoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #36

Name: Andreaperry
Trailer: escape
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpatrickc View Post
Thanks for all the replies. We really like the Bigfoot and now our mission is to see a 25RQ or 25RT in person so we can check out the construction and make sure it has enough room for us.
We live in Pennsylvania and it looks like the closest dealer is in Georgia so we need to see when they might have one on their lot try to plan a trip to see it.

Again thanks for answering all my questions,
Pat
Be sure to price shop. Live in NJ and just ordered a new 25 foot from Trailer World Denver.
Good luck!
Andrea
amzperry30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:21 AM   #37

Name: Mark
Trailer: shopping
Leola
Lead time on Order

How long of a wait did Trailer World say it would be before you take delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzperry30 View Post
Be sure to price shop. Live in NJ and just ordered a new 25 foot from Trailer World Denver.
Good luck!
Andrea
Mark Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:14 PM   #38

Name: Evans
Trailer: Currently awaiting Bigfoot 25B25RT
Texas
I'm in the process of ordering a 25B25RT, looks like it will be 12 to 15 months out.
Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #39

Name: Andreaperry
Trailer: escape
New Jersey
Supposed to be March 2022, but may be a few months late !
amzperry30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #40

Name: juan
Texas
We have a 2019 25RT in Owings MD if anyone is interested in seeing it. My wife and I currently live in it. Before we bought ours, we also wanted to see one in person before committing. One couple who lived around 400 miles away finally responded. We were, and still are, very grateful for their kindness. Simply offering.
pachewheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot