Sewer tank flush is blocked - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: Forest River Rpod
Montana
Sewer tank flush is blocked

I have a 2014 Rpod 178. No water flows when I hook up a hose to my sewer tank flush. I can't trace the line since it goes inside the floor and across the trailer to the curb side. Any thoughts on where blockages likely occur? I can see where the flush line enters the tank, so I can pull the hose out of the tank and check the spray nozzle for a blockage. Seems odd though, since I have never used the black tank for anything solid, only urine. Other possibilities? Is there a back flow prevention valve on the line somewhere that may be blocked, and how would you access it? Thanks for any insights you can provide.
Gary Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Luna View Post
I have a 2014 Rpod 178. No water flows when I hook up a hose to my sewer tank flush. I can't trace the line since it goes inside the floor and across the trailer to the curb side. Any thoughts on where blockages likely occur? I can see where the flush line enters the tank, so I can pull the hose out of the tank and check the spray nozzle for a blockage. Seems odd though, since I have never used the black tank for anything solid, only urine. Other possibilities? Is there a back flow prevention valve on the line somewhere that may be blocked, and how would you access it? Thanks for any insights you can provide.
Every built in tank flusher I've seen has a back flow preventer. often part of the hose connection.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
One would think that the back flow preventer would be located right at the external hose connection, that way it could be replaced easily if it failed as possibly in your case.

Maybe best to contact the mfg for that information.
Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #4

Name: Doug
Trailer: Trillium
California
Registry
There is an instructional video on just this sort of issue called “RV” with Robin Williams.