Shaky Scamp table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Question Shaky Scamp table

Hi ... We have a 2008 Scamp 13’ and the table has become shaky. The two brackets at the back seem to no longer really hook up to the table properly and the single leg is lame. I suspect that some (many?) of you have run into and solved this problem in some wonderful, inexpensive and simple way. Looking for advice please. Thank you.
Mike J. L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:20 PM   #2

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike J. L. View Post
Hi ... We have a 2008 Scamp 13’ and the table has become shaky. The two brackets at the back seem to no longer really hook up to the table properly and the single leg is lame. I suspect that some (many?) of you have run into and solved this problem in some wonderful, inexpensive and simple way. Looking for advice please. Thank you.
Having a similar issue but EggCamper table sits on pedestal leg only - no wall lip. Will be playing with it next weekend to figure out the mod I need.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Shaky Scamp table

Same here. I suspect the first owner towed with the table up, because the L-brackets appear to be bent a little. I’ve thought about removing them and getting them back to a 90* angle on a bench vise to get a little of the slop out... but I don’t have a bench vise.

Might look for something thin to pad the brackets where they go into the wall slots to eliminate the rattle, pieces of old inner tube, maybe.

That table leg... I did some work with a file to reduce some of the finger-pinching sharp edges.

I’ve owned a number of RV’s and none of the tables were what I’d call solid. There are some high end marine products- hydraulic pedestal mounts- that are very stable, but I’m not prepared to spend the big bucks.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp