Shurflo Strainer for Water Line - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Okay I just got a Shurflo strainer from Scamp. It came with no instructions. I have included a photo of it below.

My question is...

I realize that the 3/8" hose coming from my water tank will connect to the 3/8" barbed connector pictured in the left of the photo. BUT how is the thicker connector (which has normal twist threads inside) on the right suppose to connect to my pump?

Am I missing a piece, I don't have my Scamp handy to see the pump, but I don't recall there being any way to connect that right side of the strainer to the pump?

Any ideas? The Shurflo website was no help.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0674.JPG  
efawcett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Are you sure the barbed end is the inlet? Does it matter?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Trail Michigante
FRED u need the shur flo fittings to make that work or the filter with barbs on both ends. any marine store will have them hope this helps. LEE
Paula Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #4

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the barbed end is the inlet... There's an arrow on the front that indicates waterflow goes in that direction (left to right). I'm thinking I'm missing a barbed end for the right side
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #5

male adapter from shurflo straight or 90 what ever works for ya.
Lee again
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #6

i will be out your way late sept could help ya than
Lee
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There should be an arrow on the thing for flow direction.
More then likely the barbed end is the outlet...the threaded end which adapters can be baught is the inlet and it does make a differance
the inlet allows sediment to settle into the bowl first then pass through filter.
This keeps large chunks of stuff out of screen makeing for longer life of filter.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #8

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There should be an arrow on the thing for flow direction.
More then likely the barbed end is the outlet...the threaded end which adapters can be baught is the inlet and it does make a differance
the inlet allows sediment to settle into the bowl first then pass through filter.
This keeps large chunks of stuff out of screen makeing for longer life of filter.
Gerry the canoebuilder
It's hard to see, but in the photo there is an arrow stamped there and it indicates that the 3/8" barbed end is the inlet?! I've done a little searching on the internet and it appears that the outlet side might suppose to connect directly to the pump? Not sure how though, I'm going to call Scamp in the morning and see how they do it?

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #9

I got the official answer from Shurflo today (their customer service was pretty quick in emailing me back)...

So, the 3/8" barbed end is the inlet and the non-barbed end is suppose to connect directly to the inlet of the pump. That is, if your pump is a Shurflo 2088 series and is threaded to match. As I suspected, my pump isn't the correct series but I should be able to get by with an adapter.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions!

Eric