Side Dinette Seat Cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I was wondering if anyone here has done anything to keep the cushions from falling off the seats when the trailer is being towed? What did you all do, if anything...or is this just the way it is?
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Don't have one, but Velcro comes to mind.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
I just got new ones for the dinette, had the same problem. I used velcro just on the backs, with them in place the bottom cushion seems to hold its spot. When peeling the cushion off to make up the bed, be a little cautious as the sticky velcro doesn't stick to the vinyl back real well. I bought scotch brand and they are pretty sticky.
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
For the upright cushions on our Casita we snug them between the table edge and wall or just lay them flat. The bottom cushions we keep in place with a piece of that mesh-vinyl shelf liner stuff cut to fit.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
For the upright cushions on our Casita we snug them between the table edge and wall or just lay them flat. The bottom cushions we keep in place with a piece of that mesh-vinyl shelf liner stuff cut to fit.
We do exactly the same thing for the cushion backs and the seat bottoms....... Works perfectly
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I thought about that stuff for boats, is that the mesh stuff you all are talking about? Maybe a pic if anyone would be so kind??? Pleeaasee????
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
I thought about that stuff for boats, is that the mesh stuff you all are talking about? Maybe a pic if anyone would be so kind??? Pleeaasee????

They mean this stuff:
http://www.amazon.com/Griptex-Wonderliner-...9275&sr=1-2

Made by many brands, look for it in with contact paper (shelf liner) at Walmart or any other store like that. Great stuff for keeping things in cabinets from moving around too!
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Monica,
I just stack and wedge the seat cushions on the bed before travel, between the back wall of the hull and the counter. It takes a minute, and they don't wind up on the floor.
Our cushions are fabric on both sides, my friend's Casita cushions have vinyl on one side. Hers are held in place with velcro dots attached to the seat and the vinyl portion of the cushion. I use shelf-liner from Ikea (bumpy, plastic stuff in a roll) and a non-latex shelf liner from Lowes to keep the seat cushions from "scooting" while sitting, and in the drawers of our trailer.
I don't know how it lasts out west, but in Florida's heat and humidity, the shelf liners with latex can down after awhile, and leave a pattern on surfaces, so I don't use them anymore. (Had a lot of fun removing the residue from a rug liner from my ceramic tile floor in the house.)
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote