Side Vent - 1985 Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #1

Name: Addie
Trailer: Scamp 13
Georgia
Side Vent - 1985 Scamp

Our new to us scamp had a totally busted side vent for the fridge that needs replacing. It's a dometic vent that I assume is original. It's got a metal frame and the vent can basically swing open with the help of hinges at the top.

I can't find a new vent that fits the existing hole dimensions... can anyone recommend one?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1423.jpg  
Acollot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acollot View Post
Our new to us scamp had a totally busted side vent for the fridge that needs replacing. It's a dometic vent that I assume is original. It's got a metal frame and the vent can basically swing open with the help of hinges at the top.

I can't find a new vent that fits the existing hole dimensions... can anyone recommend one?

Have you called scamp
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Vent

I have found them in older small RV parts stores in the past a few years ago. (old new stock) Dometic changed over to the plastic vents about ten years ago. I would try a RV salvage yard these vent covers were used on most all small/ medium trailers in the day. I may have a new one in my shop about 800 miles away but won't return until after 15 April, that is if things get better. Another option: Home Depot carries a good selection of HVAC grills on line. You might be able to attach a HVAC grill to your door grill and make it look better.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
You might save the hinge portion of the door and with the use of a pop rivet gun, make a replacement from a household cold air return from your local hardware store.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp