Single propane tank bracket suggestions? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 07:32 AM   #1

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Single propane tank bracket suggestions?

I am interested in seeing how others have attached a single 20 lb tank to the trailer tongue. I have a toolbox next to the trailer and want to put a single tank between it and the jack. I have seen the single brackets with a metal loop but they are meant to be screwed into the body of the trailer. Would it be secure enough just screwing it to the tongue? with the addition of straps?
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:38 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
hooking up a s/tank

coleman sells a set of j-hooks I see them on ebay. it has the nuts and washers with it. you will have to go down to your tounge and drill some holes for it to hold the tank securely. the j-hook part mounts to your tank wtth tension.

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
On each of the TTs we've owned, the propane tanks were secured to the trailer frame, and not to the trailer body. Only the flexible delivery line linked the tank to the trailer body.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia D. View Post
I am interested in seeing how others have attached a single 20 lb tank to the trailer tongue. I have a toolbox next to the trailer and want to put a single tank between it and the jack. I have seen the single brackets with a metal loop but they are meant to be screwed into the body of the trailer. Would it be secure enough just screwing it to the tongue? with the addition of straps?
Wife says I always need a picture to understand stuff,,, well here is an example of that,,,,. I don't see any mention of welding,,, a tool box and a propane tank sound like a lot of weight to be putting on the tongue with no brackets welded to it.
I have a spare tire and propane tank mounted behind the jack on my Boler. Post 139 in the link below show what I did.
Good luck !
Fred
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-55601-10.html
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #5

Ontario
Despite having snow yesterday, work on the trailer continues today. I will take pics of the tongue and post them later today.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

Ontario
This is what the tongue looks like. There is a sort of flat plate between the box and the jack where I want to put the propane.
Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1966.jpg   IMG_1967.jpg  

IMG_1968.jpg  
Old 10-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
This bracket should solve your problem. There are various sellers supplying it. You would attach it through the plate with bolts. The cylinder will be easy to remove from it when needed. Thee are some other styles that are more substantial at a higher cost that are used by the folks who go off road. Those typically also have the ring clamp fitted for a padlock to help prevent theft. Keywords for doing an image search for additional options "20lb LPG tank bracket"
Propane LP Gas Bottle Ring 2013002 Viking Pop Up Camper Gas Bottle Mounting Ring | Hanna Trailer Supply Oak Creek, Wisconsin
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #8

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
The band type like kevin shows works great...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0069.JPG   DSCF0093.JPG  

floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:55 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler
Registry
I think you could notch the front lip on your tray to allow the base of the cylinder a secure spot to sit then put the bracket on and you would be good to go. Great looking trailer. Cheers from a fellow Ontario resident.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:01 AM   #10

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I made my hold downs with some flat strips of stainless steel, light chain and two turnbuckles to tighten them down.
I bent the strips into "S" shaped hooks and the chain and cheap turnbuckles to suit.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane