Sleeping pad - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 07:27 AM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Scamp 13 '
OH
Sleeping pad

Getting ready for this year's adventures with my Scamp 13'. Last year (8,000 miles over 8 weeks on the road) the only problem I had was the mats on the bed (which are also the seats for the table) are pretty hard. I finally bought some egg-crate foam and cut it to fit, but it is a drag to roll up and store every day. Anyone else have an idea for a more comfortable mattress. Thanks.
Doc Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:21 AM   #2

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
We've replaced the foam in both our Scamp13 and Scamp16D cushions with 3-layer foam sandwich(s) that we bought at a foam shop that local upholstery people use.

1" of medium density foam glued to the top and bottom of 2" of medium-high density foam. Like a pillow-top mattress, the 1" of medium-firm foam cushions shoulders & hips for side sleeping and the 2" of higher density foam prevents bottoming-out while sitting.

The foam shop laid out 4'x8' full sheets of different density foams and had us lay on them. We traded out different density foam slabs until we found a comfortable combo. They then took the old foam out of our cushions and used that as a template to cut new cushions out of the glued-together full foam slabs.

Total cost ... just over $200 cash; not much more than a memory foam topper that we would have to roll up and store.

I've posted about this before so you might find more detail (& pix?) In my older posts.

Good luck!
I hope you can find a similar foam shop and it all works out!

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote