? Snoozy Mattress size? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
? Snoozy Mattress size?

Our trailer is in storage 100 miles away for this Covid winter of no travel. We would like to order a new mattress. Would anyone having access to their Snoozy please provide me with the bed platform measurements.
ALSO: Information on any mattresses which have been purchased by Snoozy owners would be appreciated.
Respectfully
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:28 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
I'll be replacing my trailer mattress this season. I've been looking at some possibilities and have discovered that none of the standard sizes that mattresses usually come in will fit. The mattress stores have the size I need but they are really expensive. I've considered buying a foam mattress and shortening it but my preference would be to buy one that fits. I'll be following this thread for some advice.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:35 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
The Snoozy, unlike other typical RVs, utilizes a queen size mattress as used in any home. The problem is because of the sloped front design of the Snoozy the edge of the mattress is compressed. We used a full size mattress which gave us extra room around the mattress and the front wall of the trailer. Good luck.
Dave and Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:41 AM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
[QUOTE=David B.;808162]The Snoozy, unlike other typical RVs, utilizes a queen size mattress as used in any home. The problem is because of the sloped front design of the Snoozy the edge of the mattress is compressed. We used a full size mattress which gave us extra room around the mattress and the front wall of the trailer. Good luck.
Dave and Paula[/QUOTE

Dave & Paula
T Y V M for your response, but I am still unsure. A standard queen size mattress is 80 X 76.
The measurements listed on the Snoozy web site are 76 X 60. What am I missing? Plus we have the front slope and rounded corners. Would you please elaborate?
Respectfully
Old 03-14-2021, 07:38 PM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
The Snoozy uses a short queen. It is 60 wide by 75 long. We used several different mattresses until we settled on a full size air bed. We have a lift for under bed storage. The queen rubs the wall to much for a lift. We have found the full bed has enough room for two.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:36 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Tennessee
I’ve been trying to figure this out myself. My mom is in bad health so I’m trying to clean up and sell her 2018 Lil Snoozy. The mattress was in bad shape so relatives through it out. I be been measuring and it seems a full would fit easy but a queen would be tight.
Apsuhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:45 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Why not let the buyer select their own mattress?

If you install one, they may replace it with their choice. Some like latex, some memory foam, some don't like anything.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:00 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Tennessee
That’s what Im thinking as well. We had an extra full mattress that’s in good shape that I thought about putting in there. The Honda generator has never been used that came with the Snoozy. I thought about just keeping it and not including it in the sale. Just trying to research as much as I can.
Apsuhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:45 AM   #9

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
What I did when I needed mattresses for my Scamp twin conversion was to buy a Walmart foam mattress and cut the queen to size with an electric carving knife.
Then you can cut it to fit exactly and have a new mattress at probably the lowest cost.
That electric carving knife that has hidden in the bottom shelf jumble for 12 years does a perfect job!
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 06:12 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Purchased this mattress from Amazon a few weeks ago:
Full Size Mattress, Avenco Full Size Memory Foam Mattress in a Box, 10 Inch Gel-Infused Full Mattress with Removable Plush Cover, Ultimate Comfort & Supportive CertiPUR-US & ISPA Certified
It fits very well, though slightly smaller than the original. We don't really notice the size difference when sleeping on it. However, the size difference is very apparent when making the bed as it no longer feels as though you are participating in a wrestling match.