Sticking ensolite back onto shell - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Sticking ensolite back onto shell

In several places our Ensolite on the Boler 1700 has the droops, ie it is separated from the fibreglass shell. Don't want to slash the ensolite to reglue it. Is there another way to stick it back, especially on the ceiling, so anti-gravity areas? I have visions of syringes of glue, with needles poking thru ensolite, etc. I would love to hear what has worked! should do it really soon, as it is getting colder out there... Thanks!
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
spray adhesive

Our 73 trillium has the same problem. I have used a spray-on adhesive for other projects on our boat and will be trying it on the ensolite next spring.
The cans of spray adhesive come with a long straw which is inserted in the spray nozzle, my plan is to just push this straw through the ensolite in several places and then spray the area that has come free.

This adhesive came as part of a kit for attaching insulation to fiberglass... which is used to insulate a boat motor compartment. It was purchased from Overtons.com.

I still need to find a place that sells the adhevise spray on its own as I don't want to purchase, and don't need the whole kit of insulation. Hope this helps in some small way and any other ideas would be appreciated.
Rol
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote