sticky window track solution? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #1

Name: Biker
Trailer: 2018 Bigfoot 21' 25B21FB (PREV: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe)
North Carolina
sticky window track solution?

Hi all,

Is there something safe to use on the window tracks (Casita) to make the windows slide easier?

Thank you!
biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:24 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
First clean the track, then spray some silicone lubricant in the track while working the window back and forth.
Good luck.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
sticky window

Gm makes a product called sillicone emulsion we used in on tracks and weather striping . cheep about 3 bucks its a paste with an applicator. In alberta we use it on car doors to pervent freeze up.
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
sticky window

part number 1#10953014
Attached Thumbnails
20200526_121434.jpg  
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #5

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker View Post
Hi all,

Is there something safe to use on the window tracks (Casita) to make the windows slide easier?

Thank you!
Use a dry lube like Blaster or Teff Lube available at many stores like Home Depot. Our Renewal by Anderson window people told us to never use a silicone that stays wet because it will attract dirt and make things worse. We used Blaster on our windows and sliding door and they work way better. I've used it on our Casita windows and it helps a lot.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:08 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I used Bostik Dri-Cote aerosol spray in my window tracks. It is not silicone based. I have it on hand all the time anyway. That is what I use on the top of the tablesaw, the bed of my wood planer and the saw blades to make wood parts slide easily on the surfaces. But when doing wood working you can't have silicone as it would interfere with putting paint, stain, glue or varnish on the wood pieces.

The Bostic Dri-Cote It is long lasting and not noticeable. It does not hurt the rubber, metal, glass or plastic. I put it on last summer and the windows still slide smoothly. But I will renew it soon when I do a spring cleaning of the exterior.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote