Stinky slinky hose brands? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ralph, would you consider taking that Fugly thing off the front of your Scamp and adding a holder to the rear... under the bumper area? A number of folks have done that (in fact I think new Scamps no longer have the tube mounted on the front). There are many different methods of making a stinky slinky tube holder. You'll then have many more options and lengths of sewer hoses you can buy/use.

Where is Scamp putting the tube holder now that it is no longer mounted in front? Are they mounting it elsewhere or did they eliminate it?

Ken
Old 02-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanso View Post
Where is Scamp putting the tube holder now that it is no longer mounted in front? Are they mounting it elsewhere or did they eliminate it?
Ken
Ken, I'm sure they didn't eliminate it, but we'd need to get the information where the tube has been relocated from a recent new trailer buyer. I looked at the pictures on the Scamp website. Only a couple of pictures show the tube is no longer mounted on the front.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #23

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
To follow Donna's lead, many people have mounted better, longer slinky holders; under the chassis, on the rear bumper, maybe most commonly on the tongue, in front of or behind the LP tanks. The most commonly used holders are 5" fence post covers.
I've never had a Scamp but I've done that on both of my Casitas and on my Bigfoot.
I can't recall on the Parkliner, but I didn't keep it for long.

Walt
Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Ken, I'm sure they didn't eliminate it, but we'd need to get the information where the tube has been relocated from a recent new trailer buyer. I looked at the pictures on the Scamp website. Only a couple of pictures show the tube is no longer mounted on the front.

Yeah. I looked on their site as well and didn't find any clues. I'm curious about where they've decided to relocate it.

Ken
Old 02-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #25

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhanso View Post
Yeah. I looked on their site as well and didn't find any clues. I'm curious about where they've decided to relocate it.

Ken
perhaps you are just seeing Scamps which are not equipped with black or gray tanks and thus have no need for a sewer hose or a container for one?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Batdude, just get a nice long Rhino hose and you're done. I had one, it was great, but it went with the trailer when I sold it.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Batdude, just get a nice long Rhino hose and you're done. I had one, it was great, but it went with the trailer when I sold it.
As long as the bayonet end fits in your slinky holder.