Storage - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I tried, and failed, to find the picture, but I saw a Casita where the owner had installed shelves in the curved part of the front closet to the right of the door, but left the center open for hanging clothes....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkSue View Post
Jon,
Interesting about the built-in shelves...
Found it:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	102087
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #22

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
You've received some great advice prior to this posting. I've attached some photos to help you visualize some of my 13' Scamp storage tips.1. We use plastic shoe boxes and 1/2 shoe boxes under the sink, in the closet and under the benches. Among the advantages are; you can see into them, small things don't get lost and they stack nicely. BTW we no longer carry measuring spoons or cups as we do not bake and we can easily "guess" measurements for cooking. 2. We built drawer dividers into cutlery drawer 3. I sewed custom mattress toppers that can roll up and be stored under the bench (in truth, we hardly ever take down the bed and set up the table as we eat a simple breakfast while sitting on the bed or couch, pack a lunch in our day-packs to enjoy during hikes and enjoy dinner outdoors.
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 039.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 037.jpg  

SCAMP Interior October 2011 023.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 022.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #23

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Here are a few more organization tips I've used.

1. Pockets, pockets, pockets! You can see by the photo that I go a little crazy with pockets. I sewed custom net pockets onto curtains. I sewed custom pockets which hang on the "rat fur" with the "hook side" of Velcro and/or "cubicle clips" (from Staples stores). The bed is bordered with a baby crib "bumper" held on with "hook side" Velcro. I simply tuck unbreakable things, such as books or flashlight, behind the bumper. The bumper also prevents you from hitting that darn metal hardware under the back window or from soiling the "rat fur". The bumpers are removable for cleaning. Even pillowcases can be used to store clothing such as jackets!

2. This photo shows my "glamping" table setting for fall. The storage tip is to use trays. The two trays are not only used for place settings but also for carrying things from the trailer to the table, and back. The center tray holds decorative items as well as salt and pepper, napkins, lantern, etc. All the trays fit in the closet.

3. See #1.

4. My DH (darling husband) custom-built wood shelves in the closet. This is a bit tricky to do, but someone with good woodworking skills can do it. The shelves themselves are less than 1/4" thick to save on weight. The bottom shelf is "free-standing" and has a finger-hole so you can lift it. This wheel-well space is deep and awkward. As such, it is good for a net laundry bag. We also put lightweight tarps, tablecloths and seat pads here. Also note the pockets on the inside and outside of the closet door. We use so many small things in the trailer and need them handy so this is our solution. The trick is to keep the items very light so the door hinges are not strained. In addition, we have two over-cabinet door hooks (Bed, Bath and Beyond) that hold towels or lightweight jackets.

Of course, no camping trip is complete without an easy-care fuzzy companion!

Happy Camping and Happy Glamping!
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 030.jpg   Doug's art and Scamp 026.jpg  

Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 063.jpg   Lodi, Scamp, Mom's, Packing 050.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #24

Name: susan
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Here are a few more organization tips I've used.

1. Pockets, pockets, pockets! You can see by the photo that I go a little crazy with pockets. I sewed custom net pockets onto curtains. I sewed custom pockets which hang on the "rat fur" with the "hook side" of Velcro and/or "cubicle clips" (from Staples stores). The bed is bordered with a baby crib "bumper" held on with "hook side" Velcro. I simply tuck unbreakable things, such as books or flashlight, behind the bumper. The bumper also prevents you from hitting that darn metal hardware under the back window or from soiling the "rat fur". The bumpers are removable for cleaning. Even pillowcases can be used to store clothing such as jackets!

2. This photo shows my "glamping" table setting for fall. The storage tip is to use trays. The two trays are not only used for place settings but also for carrying things from the trailer to the table, and back. The center tray holds decorative items as well as salt and pepper, napkins, lantern, etc. All the trays fit in the closet.

3. See #1.

4. My DH (darling husband) custom-built wood shelves in the closet. This is a bit tricky to do, but someone with good woodworking skills can do it. The shelves themselves are less than 1/4" thick to save on weight. The bottom shelf is "free-standing" and has a finger-hole so you can lift it. This wheel-well space is deep and awkward. As such, it is good for a net laundry bag. We also put lightweight tarps, tablecloths and seat pads here. Also note the pockets on the inside and outside of the closet door. We use so many small things in the trailer and need them handy so this is our solution. The trick is to keep the items very light so the door hinges are not strained. In addition, we have two over-cabinet door hooks (Bed, Bath and Beyond) that hold towels or lightweight jackets.

Of course, no camping trip is complete without an easy-care fuzzy companion!

Happy Camping and Happy Glamping!
Gilda,
Very creative! Love the pockets in the curtains! Very handy!
ARK
ArkSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #25

Arkansas
Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Built-in shelves...wow!
Thanks for the pics Jon!

ARK
Old 01-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #26

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Casita Independence "Callimachusita"
Ocean City, NJ
Three cheap storage ideas from my Independence.
Black: waste paper basket from Dollar General. Perfect for bottled water and no leaks.
Red: Carry all from Harbor Freight. Storage and cat perch.
Purple: Storage containers from Walmart.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0496.jpg   IMG_0498.jpg  

IMG_0499.jpg  
Pod Puppies: Josie and Frankie, Casita Kittens: Madison & Razzel & Mrs. Chow
librarianocnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #27

Arkansas
Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarianocnj View Post
Three cheap storage ideas from my Independence.
Black: waste paper basket from Dollar General. Perfect for bottled water and no leaks.
Red: Carry all from Harbor Freight. Storage and cat perch.
Purple: Storage containers from Walmart.
Our miniature dachshund would be very comfortable on the cat perch!