Storage--where & how for someone without a driveway in L.A.? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Greetings All,

I am wondering if there is a quick and easy solution to finding a place to store my old Trail Mite, since the county will apparently not tolerate my parking it on my street anymore...and I don't have any friends I can think of with space in driveways/yards, either.

I live in the Glendale area of Los Angeles. Anyone know of cheap storage places or corners where people park their cars for sale, empty lots to poach, etc.? I need an emergency solution that could serve for a month or so just to get it out of where it is now, so I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Erik
Erik B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I feel for your problem and I really can't see any solutions except renting a place in a storage compound or maybe IF someone you know lives in a complex where you could park the trailer for a coupla weeks without raising to much concern...
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Eric,
You might try cruising the streets close to home watching for homes which have room for an RV next to the garage. The homeowner might be willing to rent the spot. The cost could be much more reasonable than renting a space in a storage yard.
I rented a driveway space 3 doors from the front door of the high school when attending Reseda High. No arriving 45 minutes before school to try to find parking. It also enabled 4 others to ride with me who were very willing to pay for most of the gasoline for my car.
We wish you success,
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I feel your pain. So. Cal is not RV storage friendly.

I am lucky enough to be able to put mine in my driveway, but it is against code. No one has complained, so the code is not enforced, but one day they may just decide to give me the 72 hour notice as well.

Storage here is expensive.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We are in Santa Clarita (Canyon Country) and there are storage places in this area ... I don't know anything about them (or what they charge) but you might try calling or driving by. Glendale to Canyon Country .. about 50 minutes depending on traffic. I don't know of any free lots...

1. Sand Canyon RV and Self Storage
28655 Oak Springs Canyon Rd,
Canyon Country, CA
(661) 299-2926

2. Private Mini-Storage LTD.
20628 Santa Clara St,
Canyon Country, CA
(661) 252-1100

3. Edd's Rv-Mini Storage
17369 Sierra Hwy
Canyon Country, CA 91351View Map
(661) 251 0823
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Can you get it into a home garage? Our hotrod group has had success with asking the elderly members of their church. Typically storage in an elderly persons garage has run $30-50 a month. The senior is greatful for the extra money and needlessly to say, so is the vehicle owner....it's a win-win.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wow, Donna, what a terrific idea! Currently storage is not a concern, but if/when we stop traveling we'll want out-of-the-weather storage, and I'm filing your suggestion away for future consideration. Happy holidays - looking forward to seeing ya in July! Thanx, LdB
Old 12-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank you all for your help. Indeed some of the ideas are quite innovative. Hopefully, a friend's driveway is cleared for landing and will serve properly. For the time being. The kicker is trying to get this taken care of from Maryland!

Cheers,

Erik
Erik B is offline   Reply With Quote