Stove eye retainer clips WTB?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I've got 2 Trillium's that I've remodeled to some degree and need to find the retainer clips that hold the stove eye's (grate's) in place.,..I've checked with 2 RV locations with no help...Hope some one on here can help me out...THANKS RANDY
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #2

Trailer: 77 Scamp
lowes or a fastener store should carry a wide variety of retainer clips. Perhaps even an automotive place. Lowes Has these speciallty bins located in hardware that if you stare at them long enought they might have something to could use. If you could take a photo of the stove thing your describing I might better be able to see what your talking about...I own a scamp so if its similar to their stove setup walk me thru it and I'll take a peek at mine

Quote:
I've got 2 Trillium's that I've remodeled to some degree and need to find the retainer clips that hold the stove eye's in place.,..I've checked with 2 RV locations with no help...Hope some one on here can help me out...THANKS RANDY
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Hunter I
Registry
Quote:
I've got 2 Trillium's that I've remodeled to some degree and need to find the retainer clips that hold the stove eye's in place.,..I've checked with 2 RV locations with no help...Hope some one on here can help me out...THANKS RANDY
Not sure what you mean by "eyes" but if you're talking about clips to hold down the grates, a search on "magic chef clips" will turn up several sources. They'll work with stoves other than magic chef. I used them on a princess stove in one of my former trailers. You can see them HERE, as well as at many other RV shops.

If these won't fit, you can always buy some spring wire at the hardware store, and make your own.
Don H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992 / Chevrolet S10 4.3L.
If it was the old model maid with a small flat metal spring, it is not avalable
But it easy to make it with metal strapping (same as clock spring )
I have make it in my previous Scamp
Yvon Chayer
Yvon Chayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #5

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500

I'm sorry it is the grates that I'm talking about, and they are the spring steel clips Yvon is talking about, I'd hope someone might have a source on them before I tried to make them myself........The ones for the Magic Chef don't appear to be the right kind, but might work can't tell by the picture...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #6

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
I use a tiny bungee cord about 5 inches long. I clip it just below the burner and run it across both grates to below the second burner. Since I started that, neither grate has jumped out of place. And yes, I do remove the bungee before using a burner.
Will M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Along the same lines as Will, some just remove the grates, wrap them in a towel and place in the sink for travel times. It may be a PITA, but at least they don't get lost or damage the stove top this way.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote