Stove window? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Stove window?

I'm slowly re-installing all the fiberglass fixtures I removed from my 1978 Scamp.

Before I install the lower kitchen cabinet, i'd like to get some feedback about the value of a small window at the stove location?

Does the addition of the small window improve the air flow enough to warrant the effort to install?

In my "junk" room I have a window identical as the one on my Scamp's door, except the glass is frosted on the uninstalled one.

All comments will be appreciated..

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Our first Casita (a 1989) had a window between the sink and stove. I can't speak to improved ventilation when cooking, but it was at the perfect spot to create a draft across the bed by leaving it open and turning the Fantastic Fan on updraft. One of the few but significant disappointments when we upgraded to a 17ft in 1999 was the lack of this window... So, I recommend adding the window, if it's reasonably easy to do.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
It's the one window I can leave open in the rain.
When trailer is stopped for the night(s) the little window is always open and ceiling vent open a bit or a lot depending on the weather.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Our first Casita (a 1989) had a window between the sink and stove. I can't speak to improved ventilation when cooking, but it was at the perfect spot to create a draft across the bed by leaving it open and turning the Fantastic Fan on updraft. One of the few but significant disappointments when we upgraded to a 17ft in 1999 was the lack of this window... So, I recommend adding the window, if it's reasonably easy to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
It's the one window I can leave open in the rain.
When trailer is stopped for the night(s) the little window is always open and ceiling vent open a bit or a lot depending on the weather.
Mary and Byron, thank you very much for your replies!

From your comments is sounds like the window would be a nice addition, and installing it is something I believe I can do..

Thanks again,

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote